Fronts error (access violation)

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
britbob

Fronts error (access violation)

Post by britbob »

Me again!

I`m getting errors when trying to plot frontal depictions. Never had this one before, and the previous release worked flawlessly.

Rather than typing out the long error, here`s a screengrab

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/ma ... _error.png
britbob

Post by britbob »

Just playing around a bit more.

Seems I can plot isopleths and everything under the analysis menu, the problem arises when using something under the data menu. If I try to plot stations, fronts, warnings etc then the violation error comes up.
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Weird, Bob!

Are you running a script when the error pops up? I downloaded the albany fronts and COD METARs then plotted stations, fronts, and isobars without any troubles using the menu.

Pat
britbob

Post by britbob »

Hi Pat,

I just downloaded the main version from the beta page, then dowloaded and installed the patch.

Anyways, no scripts. I`m just running these maps manually using the menu along the top. I`m using Albany for my metar, buoy and fronts.

I just tried plotting some stations obs, but soon as it finished the error pops up. Fusion doesn`t lock up when this error appears, it just keep re-appearing when I`m doing something within the data menu such as fronts, data plots etc.

I can plot things like isobars, isotherms, wind barbs etc which come from the analysis menu.

Anyone know what that error means in the link I provided?
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

I haven't a clue what the error means, Bob.

Looks like this needs to have a Tim input :)

Pat

Ps How goes things with you?
britbob

Post by britbob »

Not too bad. Bit depressed because the nights are closing in and before long it will be cold and white! I like a good nor`easter/blizzard but the winter novelty quickly wears off when you`re living here! I`m a summer person I think :)

Bed times calls...........

Ps. Pat, welcome to the board (your 4th post) :wink:
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

I'm up to 6 posts now :)

Pat