Weather Ob in the wrong place on map

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
wxforecaster

Weather Ob in the wrong place on map

Post by wxforecaster »

Hey everyone. There is one weather ob that is misplaced on my map. you can see which one it is by looking at the image. It is the one that doesnt look right. It is printing as Ralls, TX but it is not Ralls, TX ob. Do you know how to fix this? Thanks for your help!

You are looking at West Texas!
Wally Mayo

Post by Wally Mayo »

Sure, I think I can fix it, but you're going to have to tell me which one it is. what is the datum? Or give a clue to which county or area.
It will probably involve making a change/correction(?) on the digatmos.stn file.
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

I get the data here:

http://www.mesonet.ttu.edu/tech/1-output/latest1.txt

I circled the place which is displaying the wrong data:

Right now it might look like it is displaying the right data, but it isnt.. it is displaying another stations data for some odd reason! It should read 51/33 with a South Wind at 10MPH

It should be displaying RALLS, TX which is in CROSBY COUNTY

Thanks for your Help Wally!

If you need more information to fix it, please let me know!
Wally Mayo

Post by Wally Mayo »

Ok, this is easily fixable. KRAS is NOT Ralls TX but Port Aransas TX. I am fixing it in the station file now, and it will be uploaded very shortly (see forum topic). Make sure the new posting is today or later.
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

I dont think it is completly fixed yet. It is still posting the wrong Ob :(

Thanks for looking into this!
geophi

Post by geophi »

wxforecaster wrote:I dont think it is completly fixed yet. It is still posting the wrong Ob :(
Just to be sure...you recompiled tables after copying in the new file? KRAS is now displaying in the correct location on mine with the new station table recompiled.
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

geophi wrote:
wxforecaster wrote:I dont think it is completly fixed yet. It is still posting the wrong Ob :(
Just to be sure...you recompiled tables after copying in the new file? KRAS is now displaying in the correct location on mine with the new station table recompiled.
That was the problem. All is fixed and running well. Thanks so much for everyones help!