Changing Base Map Color Scheme To AWIPS?

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
beaudodson

Changing Base Map Color Scheme To AWIPS?

Post by beaudodson »

Hi

I tried to go to preferences and change the color scheme to AWIPS. I hit Save and Save as Default. When I go back to the base map it is still the regular white background color. I tried to restart the program but that didn't solve the issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Beau
geophi

Post by geophi »

It's not intuitive, and it's probably not working the way it's supposed to, but if you generate your base map using using a certain Color Style, then the plots and analyses are done using the right color scheme.
beaudodson

Post by beaudodson »

geophi wrote:It's not intuitive, and it's probably not working the way it's supposed to, but if you generate your base map using using a certain Color Style, then the plots and analyses are done using the right color scheme.
??
:shock:

I guess I don't understand. Are you saying I can't change the maps to the AWIPS Color Scheme? The black maps instead of white? At this point I have not been able to change the color scheme either way. It always returns to the basic one - the white background maps.

I don't think I understood your answer :)

Thanks
geophi

Post by geophi »

Under the Map menu, Generate Map. When that pops up the Map Configuration (Generate Map) window, choose AWIPS under the Color Style drop down. It will generate the black background map. Then anything you plot or analyze on that map will use the AWIPS "style" that you can find under Preferences. The changes made in Styles tab of the Preferences window are simply styles. These styles are only invoked when you generate a map with the color style you want.
beaudodson

Post by beaudodson »

Thanks

That was the issue.