Errors using radar

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
rosmanson

Errors using radar

Post by rosmanson »

I'm recieving the following error "Digital Atmosphere enccountered an error: Read Beyond end of file" error each time I load Tornado (TVS) and anything on the menu below that.......
tornadoforecaster

Re: Tim knows about this...

Post by tornadoforecaster »

Hi:

I was getting the same error earlier tonight. I did already send Tim an email, so I'm sure he'll address this and the severe weather parameters(LI, CAPE, TT, etc) you mentioned in your other email.

Randy
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Details, details please... exact version number, sequence of steps leading up to the error, where the data came from, etc.. I can't go off of one-sentence error reports.
rosmanson

Post by rosmanson »

Ok, I have the 1.0c version, I open up the DAW and click on my base map which is of the NW. I then preceed to RADAR>OTHER>TORNADO (TVS)..........................and it shows

» Searching directory for latest file...
» Searching directory for latest file...
» Retrieving http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/SL.us008001 ... tx/sn.0018 ...
» Transfer done
» Retrieving http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/SL.us008001 ... tx/sn.0236 ...
» Transfer done

but the following error pops up..........

"Digital Atmosphere enccountered an error: Read Beyond end of file"

Let me know what other information you need to know...........[/img]
Ross

Post by Ross »

I have found that the range check error seems to correspond to the map size and the number of radars sellected. If the radars are out of the range of your map I get the out of range error. i.e
>>Generate map,
orthographic,
lat 46 lon -94,
scale 1000,
image width 1000, hght 1000

then sellect radars inside and outside this range
and I get digital atomosphere encountered an error: range check error, but if radars are well within this map no range check error.

Also get error pop up after progress bar has loaded all radar data saying: error inflating, hit ok and everthing continues as normal. Ver V1.0c

Ross
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Thanks, I'll check this out... I think it has to do with DA expecting TVS data when there is none.

The Error Inflating is beyond our control; it relates to a compression error at the data source (we use standard ZLib routines). However once we get this module fully stabilized I'll bring in a programmer to help find a workaround for this.

Tim
rosmanson

Post by rosmanson »

Thanks for looking into this....