Digital Atmosphere Suddenly Not Plotting Data

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
mcaster

Digital Atmosphere Suddenly Not Plotting Data

Post by mcaster »

First time poster, so my appologies if this is the wrong place. I've been using DA for several years now working with archieved data without any trouble. Well, all the sudden today it stopped plotting. I went to plot upper air data from 03 Feb 1982 off the WXGraphics archive CD and it just wont plot...It drops the time stamp at the bottom but no plots. I went in to check the raw data and it's all there. I know there's data because I was working with this very file yesterday without any trouble. I even re-downloaded it from the CD. Still nothing. Any ideas what's going on?

Oh...and it won't generate new maps either....
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

Did you restart to Computer. Sometimes that will work! Other then that, it is pretty weird!
Weasel

Re: Digital Atmosphere Suddenly Not Plotting Data

Post by Weasel »

mcaster wrote:First time poster, so my appologies if this is the wrong place. I've been using DA for several years now working with archieved data without any trouble. Well, all the sudden today it stopped plotting. I went to plot upper air data from 03 Feb 1982 off the WXGraphics archive CD and it just wont plot...It drops the time stamp at the bottom but no plots. I went in to check the raw data and it's all there. I know there's data because I was working with this very file yesterday without any trouble. I even re-downloaded it from the CD. Still nothing. Any ideas what's going on?

Oh...and it won't generate new maps either....
That is weird! Which version of Dig Atm are you using]http://www.weathergraphics.com/dl[/url] in the special files section toward the bottom.

Edit: I checked the UA file and it plotted OK for me in Dig Atm 2000, Workstation and Equinox.