Dissent about the color scheme

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Dissent about the color scheme

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Today I got one of the oddest emails.
Hi Tim Happy New Year,
How do I change the default
purple motif of the default Equinox window surrounds.

It looks like Louis X1V style for the purple palace
kinda Clintonesque.

Please advise while I adjust my garters.

Regards
If you all don't like the new color style, let me know... though I won't make major changes for one person's request, we can try to do adjustments if it's feasible.

Tim
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

I like the look of the program interface. Maybe some of the toolbox tabs can be moved around a little to increase chart space... but it seems a little silly to complain about the color scheme, at least IMO.
texsky

Post by texsky »

While that is an odd email, I have to agree with the sentiment regarding the purple color. Something a little more neutral would be more appropriate I think. This forum's color scheme is a good one...ie the blueish grays.

Bob
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Yeah, I didn't consider our phpBB scheme is a good neutral example. I guess purples have a bit of a stigma. I'll probably nudge the reds down a bit for V1.05.

Tim
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

Or you could make a option for users to choose what they like! One could be the current theme, Classic theme and call one like Blue/white theme. Something to throw out there!
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Or you could provide an olive green option, just like Windows XP:) Hell, while your at it throw in a green, red, and blue version as well... it doesn't take much time... does it? Everybody needs to have that perfect color that doesn't have anything to do with the actual analysis chart..

Any chance of getting gradient fills reintroduced during the current phase of programming?
jlittle

colors

Post by jlittle »

I vote for a neutral gun-metal gray.
Jon Wright

Post by Jon Wright »

Any color is fine with me. :roll:
britbob

Post by britbob »

Jon Wright wrote:Any color is fine with me. :roll:
My thinking too!
Peter Bartlett

Post by Peter Bartlett »

I have just been going through some of the comments and suggestions having just loaded Equinox along side DAWS.

My first thought was what has happened to the colour scheme, I thought the colour in DAWS is much cleaner and easier to read it also looks more professional.

I also think that the tabs in the toolbox feel and look better on the right.

Sorry Tim, personal fedback.