Equinox Contest!!!

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
wxforecaster

Equinox Contest!!!

Post by wxforecaster »

Who is in? I already submit my entry! I am all about some free Reading materials along with free upgrades for life! If you wanna see what can be done with DAWS i will point you to:

http://www.wxforecaster.com/current/

and

http://www.wxforecaster.com/hurricane/

I cant wait for this contest to end to see someone of the great stuff DAEQ will produce!
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

Looks like the contest is over. I hope i won!
pvenlet

Post by pvenlet »

wxforecaster wrote:Looks like the contest is over. I hope i won!
Anyone heard who had the winning entries??
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

I haven't heard a thing :( I hope Tim didn't forget about us again! March 10th came and now it is gone!
britbob

Post by britbob »

I think Tim has lost interest in the whole project. He rarely comes on here anymore and emails take weeks to be answered, if at all.

He finds time to write books and post on storm chasing forums, but won`t keep us paying customers in the loop.

I`m rapidly losing interest in this software, which is unfortunate. Lots of other software out there however.
Jon Wright

Post by Jon Wright »

I agree that Tim seems to have abandoned us but here is something to consider... This market is comprised of amateur weather buffs and Tim might find his book/software sales fall off. Then he might have to get a "Real" job. It happened to the guy that sold Weather Tool Professional a few years back. :wink:
packman

Post by packman »

britbob wrote:Lots of other software out there however.
I haven't seen anything quite like DA though...or at least not at a price I can afford :cry:
pvenlet

Post by pvenlet »

britbob wrote:I think Tim has lost interest in the whole project. He rarely comes on here anymore and emails take weeks to be answered, if at all.

He finds time to write books and post on storm chasing forums, but won`t keep us paying customers in the loop.

I`m rapidly losing interest in this software, which is unfortunate. Lots of other software out there however.
*steps up on soapbox*

I, for one, will not surmise what Tim is up to. If he's busy, so be it, he's busy. Cut the guy some slack. Maybe this ain't his fulltime job, even if it is, maybe his motto is like mine...family first! However comments about what Tim may or may not be doing are just plain idle gossip and unnecessary and serve no purpose except to spread negativity! You may not believe it but there are things out there in the world that are far more important. Sheesh!

In the meantime, remember guys, the forum is here to ask questions pertaining to the program....if you got a question or problem, ask...odds are someone knows your solution.

*steps off soapbox*
severe storm_forecaster

Re: latest rants

Post by severe storm_forecaster »

Guys:

Listen, I do agree with the soapbox guy insofar as he stated where we should not attempt to criticize or dist Tim because he has not responded to us yet, at least not in this forum. We all need to remember that we have things to do which take priority over other stuff. Having said this however, don't mean that Tim would just "ignore" us either!

I fully realize that some of you out there have trial editions which have now expired, and tension is running high because Tim has not yet responded to you. Now, you just want to stop supporting the software. If it's any comfort, I understand how yous feel. But, you need to understand that this is a business for Tim, and these things can happen.

Admittedly, this has been going on now for some time, and many of us are starting to shout "foul play", and claim support is lousy. But put yourself in Tim's place once. You might see things differently.

The bottom line here guys is simple. Don't fly off the handle because Tim has not yet responded! Try to be patient and understand what Tim is faced with. It might just be well worth the wait!!

Just my two cents worth.

Randy
packman

Post by packman »

There may be reasons why Tim can't work on DA just now, but a quick note telling us that there are reasons (which don't need to be specified) why he can't sort problems out and that 'normal service will be resumed in x days/weeks/months' would only take a few minutes to write.

In my case I can't used Equinox (or Fusion) because functionality which worked in the previous version (DAWS) got broken somewhere along the way with Fusion. I reported the problem in Dec-2005 and again in May-2006 and the problem still exists in Equinox. I believe other people have tried directly contacting Tim about this issue, but haven't had a response (or maybe not a response that the problem will be fixed).

Now I can understand how someone can have a problem for a few days, or a few weeks or even months, but when significant bugs aren't corrected 15 months on then hopefully you can understand why some of us are wondering where DA is going. At the moment Tim's business is losing money because I don't intend upgrading to Fusion/Equinox whilst this show stopper (for me) exists.