Is Anyone Home?

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Odaat

Is Anyone Home?

Post by Odaat »

Greetings

I've sent two "Contact Us" messages from the weathergraphics website regarding DA Equinox and our school purchasing it over the past week. To date I have had no reply.

I'm wondering if I will eventually hear back and I also wonder if this is indicative of the support I would be purchasing with the Professiona version!

If anyone from the company reads this, could you please reply to my two messages?

Thank you
Paul Dahlen
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

It is hit or miss. It normally takes 2-5 days for him to respond. I just wish we could have some more updates with the software. I hope it doesn't take months again!
Stefan Lichius

Post by Stefan Lichius »

Hi Paul,

my name is Stefan Lichius - I`m administrating the Forum.
Sorry for your problems to get contact.
I have sent your mail to Tim again.
I think he will inform you.

With best regards,
Stefan Lichius
ppclark3

Unable to reach Tim

Post by ppclark3 »

I have been trying to reach Tim for several weeks now. The contact us link on the website is not working, when I submit a message it just comes back with "error".

I do not have a valid email address. I even tried emailing Stefan directly to get a message through.

Does anyone know what is going on?

I was trying to get information about upgrading my professional version but have not been able too.

Thanks for any information.

Paul
gkasica

Post by gkasica »

Stefan Lichius wrote:Hi Paul,

my name is Stefan Lichius - I`m administrating the Forum.
Sorry for your problems to get contact.
I have sent your mail to Tim again.
I think he will inform you.

With best regards,
Stefan Lichius
Stefan:

I've also sent him several contact postings and have a message in the other forum board as well with questions and request for an Equinox Pro Key (I'm a current DA Pro user here) and have heard nothing in almost a month now....what's up? :(
britbob

Post by britbob »

Maybe he`s busy writing another book! I hate to say this, but if you pay for a service, don`t you expect some level of support? I mean, we`re all helping each other out around here, but that`s not exactly the same thing! Seems like we are left to deal with it ourselves.

I used to email him and get a reply within a few days. Lately replies just go unanswered so I don`t bother anymore.

I find myself spending more time using the analysis products at Unidata, which once you master the steep learning curve are fantastic. The big plus, they are free.
gkasica

Post by gkasica »

britbob wrote:Maybe he`s busy writing another book! I hate to say this, but if you pay for a service, don`t you expect some level of support? I mean, we`re all helping each other out around here, but that`s not exactly the same thing! Seems like we are left to deal with it ourselves.

I used to email him and get a reply within a few days. Lately replies just go unanswered so I don`t bother anymore.

I find myself spending more time using the analysis products at Unidata, which once you master the steep learning curve are fantastic. The big plus, they are free.
Bob:

I'm familiar with them as well as we use them extensively in my classwork at Penn State for the Certificate in Weather Forecasting Program (4 semesters long via Internet- VERY GOOD I finish up this May 2007 and right now am around #40 out of 1600 participants in the National Forecasting contest)

You are correct though, I do expect some level of support and lately its not what I'm used to....not for what I've paid in terms of the program thats for sure.
Jon Wright

Post by Jon Wright »

Considering the time Tim spent on Equinox, I am a little surprised that he has become so slow in responding (at least on the forums). He was a lot faster back when the office and home were in different buildings. :?