Communication problems

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Stefan Lichius

Communication problems

Post by Stefan Lichius »

Hi George and all;

I can understand your trouble and Bob is right with his reference that we all each other are helping here, but in fact that you and some others need to have new registrations or infos about how to upgrade and things like this, the only one who can give it is Tim himself.
I think the only reason for his absence is the competition about how one use Digital Atmosphere.
The prizes will awarded on March 10, so I appeal to you all, to hold the patience until the competition is gone.
I have sent all your posts to Tim and his wife Shannon and I hope it will works.

Sorry for all of your trouble,
Stefan Lichius (Moderator)
dtdavis

Post by dtdavis »

Stefan,

I am waiting as well for my serial number for DAEq.

Could you ask Tim when he is going to have time to send serial numbers to those who have requested them?

I'm not so concerned there is a delay, but it would be nice to know how long the delay is going to be.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Davis
Stefan Lichius

Post by Stefan Lichius »

Hi Daniel,

I will give your inquiry to Tim.
I can only repeat my sorry for the circumstances. This has come at really bad timing as Tim was up in Oklahoma attending a weather conference. Also the router died in the meantime, so their Internet access was sporadic the last days.
But now things are going on and I hope you will get soon an answer from Tim.

Best wishes,
Stefan
Jon Wright

Post by Jon Wright »

Well, he seems to have the time to post his weekly report on http://www.stormtrack.org. There are to many alternatives to put up with poor business policy. I for one will no longer buy Weathergraphics products or endorse them.
Odaat

Post by Odaat »

Jon Wright wrote:Well, he seems to have the time to post his weekly report on http://www.stormtrack.org. There are to many alternatives to put up with poor business policy. I for one will no longer buy Weathergraphics products or endorse them.
I'm just about there myself. I sent an order for DA Pro aver a month ago and I have yet to receive the product or an answer to emails asking when I am going to receive it.

I guess it's back to integrated data viewer for me. This is unacceptable.
severe storm_forecaster

Re: Communications with Tim

Post by severe storm_forecaster »

Hey guys:

Yes, this has been ongoing now for longer then usual, and Tim does not seem to want to even post a message of some sort letting us know what is going down. Frankly, I find this very rude and annoying. I know that many of us would like to see some major improvements with DA, including being able to use it (registration keys). But since Tim won't even let us know something by posting a message (the least he could do), on here, some are beginning to turn away from buying anymore products from here. This I can certainly understand in light of the lack of proper customer support.

I know that if this trend continues, I too may join the ranks of those who already have turned away from future purchases from here. I have clients who depend on me for products and information, and when I can't supply this to them, they look elsewhere for it. In the end, I loose valued clients.
This I cannot have!

RG
N7XSQ

Sigh

Post by N7XSQ »

Hi:

I just got my tax refund and was all hot to order the $203 professional version of Digital Atmosphere. I guess I should not have waited. Odaat: Plesase post back here as to the resolution of your order. I am still quite interested, if they should resume filling orders.

I looked at Integrated Data Viewer. You have to register before you can download it. I am an individual weather hobbyist. Are these products availabe to me? The registration form sort of looked like you needed to be in a weather related profession.

Is there anything else I should look at. in about the same price range?

Thanks guys,

Steve
wxforecaster

Re: Sigh

Post by wxforecaster »

N7XSQ wrote:Hi:

I just got my tax refund and was all hot to order the $203 professional version of Digital Atmosphere. I guess I should not have waited. Odaat: Plesase post back here as to the resolution of your order. I am still quite interested, if they should resume filling orders.

I looked at Integrated Data Viewer. You have to register before you can download it. I am an individual weather hobbyist. Are these products availabe to me? The registration form sort of looked like you needed to be in a weather related profession.

Is there anything else I should look at. in about the same price range?

Thanks guys,

Steve
IDV (Integrated Data Viewer) is free to all. You just have to fill out your name and address and then you will be able to download for free. Another great program which is FREE is WINGRIDDS!!! http://www.winweather.org/

Good Luck!
Odaat

Post by Odaat »

Sorry to report that even though Stefan has apparently been trying to resolve this, my digital atmosphere trial version just expired and I have not received any correspondence from the author regarding my order.

So, here I am with 4 weeks of class left to teach and no station plots. Luckily, I can get station plots from IDV. Just haven't figured out yet if I can get fronts drawn.

I give up on Digital Atmosphere.
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Odaat wrote:So, here I am with 4 weeks of class left to teach and no station plots. Luckily, I can get station plots from IDV. Just haven't figured out yet if I can get fronts drawn.
Of course you can't draw fronts with Digital Atmosphere Equinox either (DA Workstation could do that but the capability to manually draw fronts and isopleths was removed in Equinox). I reported this problem and several other bugs to Tim by email in mid-March and two weeks later he got around to responding to the bug report, writing that he just didn't have time to get fronts working on DA but someday he might go back and fix the problem:
Tim Vasquez wrote:Thanks, I'll make a note to check on this when programming work resumes. I can't address the issues regarding fronts or isopleths either until I resume the programming work.