Bug report: Can't draw fronts manually with DA Equinox

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Jonathan

Bug report: Can't draw fronts manually with DA Equinox

Post by Jonathan »

When I try to manually draw fronts with DA Equinox 1.05, all the buttons go gray and I can't draw anything. Can anyone draw fronts?

The problem is completely reproducible: Equinox 1.05 under Windows 2000, Dual-processor Pentium III machine with 640 MB ram and many GB free hard disk. Any time, under any circumstances that I try to manually draw fronts, nothing happens and all the buttons go gray.

A second bug report, but not as reproducible. Sometimes (not often, but a few times a day when I'm using DA heavily) the surface pressure doesn't seem to load properly. I load surface measurements either from the archive CD-ROMs or download them from Albany or COD. Station plots show wind, temp, dewpoint, but no SLP. SLP isobars don't plot. Viewing raw data and QA both show valid surface pressures (either altimeter settings or SLP readings) from the stations, but they just won't plot as either station plots or isobars.

I was a big fan of DAWS, but Equinox seems a lot more like beta software than a major release for which people are paying good money. The fact that Tim hasn't been responding to the bug reports on this forum doesn't make me happier.
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

Send this Bug report (Just copy and paste) to here:

http://www.weathergraphics.com/contact.htm

Look on the bottom of page and fill out name, e-mail address, subject and copy and paste info in the Body and hit send! He shoudl respone withing 24-48 hours. I had success with that!
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

wxforecaster wrote:Send this Bug report (Just copy and paste) to here:

Look on the bottom of page and fill out name, e-mail address, subject and copy and paste info in the Body and hit send! He shoudl respone withing 24-48 hours. I had success with that!
Thanks. I had thought that the forum was the recommended place to post bug reports.
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

Jonathan wrote:
wxforecaster wrote:Send this Bug report (Just copy and paste) to here:

Thanks. I had thought that the forum was the recommended place to post bug reports.
It was. Now the forum is just mainly for us to work stuff out. Tim said he never really checks the board anymore and if you have any bug reports to send them to that address that i listed. The address that i supplied is the first thing and one of the only things he checks now!