Background and Errors in Status Window

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
weatherdrew

Background and Errors in Status Window

Post by weatherdrew »

Greetings DA users:

I am using several scripts to generate and export BREF, VIL and Velocity products for about 20 single site radars. Using the Windows event scheduler and the "Stop this process if it runs for more than X minutes" I've been able to keep normalized production of these sites on a 6 minute basis.

The trouble I am running into involved the infamous "I/O Error ..." - which I'm guessing occurs when DA encounters bad data in the BIN file it obtains for the single site during each retrieval. However, since the error reports in a dialog box the entire script halts at that point, and hence - the remaining sites are not generated until the job restarts at the next interval.

I have tried a couple of settings from inside the GUI, including:

- Setting the "Send all errors to status window", but this doesn't seem to help.
- Setting "Allow Digital Atmosphere to run in the background" but this setting doesn't seem to help or perhaps isn't enabled at all.

I'm open to suggestions or perhaps confirmation from other users that these settings are not intended to work as I am expecting them. Additionally, if there are bug reports already out for these problems I would love to hear about it.

Some additional information:

- Hosting System: AMD 2.4GHz 512mb RAM running Windows XP SP2
- DA Version: v1.11a
- Radar Source: COD

Thanks for everyone's help in advance.

-AJO♦