v1.0d Radar tilt elevation problem

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Baroclinicity

v1.0d Radar tilt elevation problem

Post by Baroclinicity »

While I was checking out the storms in KS/OK today, I noticed that the tilt elevation for the DDC radar kept showing "0314" for some reason. It also showed this for all tilts and non-tilt relative products. I tried more than one server for the data. The radar was in VCP12 at the time.

rosmanson

Post by rosmanson »

hey, I've been tracking those storms also, are you able to use the other radar features like Storm tracking, hail index, tornado, mesocyclone???? I keep getting the standard "read beyond end of file error".....it appears to be loading

» Searching directory for latest file...
» Retrieving http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/SL.us008001 ... dr/sn.0044 ...
» Transfer done

I'm curiuos to see the hail aspect, their reporting tennis ball size hail there.....
Lon Curtis

Post by Lon Curtis »

VCP-12 is a brand new pattern which concentrates on lower 'cuts' more frequently than the others. It may be that the "elev" is erroneous because of the new VCP.
Baroclinicity

Post by Baroclinicity »

rosmanson wrote:hey, I've been tracking those storms also, are you able to use the other radar features like Storm tracking, hail index, tornado, mesocyclone???? I keep getting the standard "read beyond end of file error".....it appears to be loading

» Searching directory for latest file...
» Retrieving http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/SL.us008001 ... dr/sn.0044 ...
» Transfer done

I'm curiuos to see the hail aspect, their reporting tennis ball size hail there.....
I get mixed results when trying to retrieve and display those products. Two common errors are "Read beyond end of file" or "Inflate error". Sometimes they plot, other times they don't.
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

The Read Beyond End Of File error is a high priority one and will get fixed.

The Error In Inflate is a problem with nonstandard use of ZLib by NWSTG and I may have to bring in a contract programmer to get this fixed.

Tim
Baroclinicity

Post by Baroclinicity »

One note on the 'Inflate" error...

A few times when this happens, I have tried to load the same product for the same time from the other websites on the list and get the same error.