Radar Source

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
weatherdrew

Radar Source

Post by weatherdrew »

Greetings once again DA users:

I am desperately trying to figure out how the radar data source's are controlled.

My problem revolves around an error which is appearing when I attempt to use the "NOAA Weather Server" radar source and select any of the more advanced products (Storm Tracking, Velocity, higher tilts, etc). I know these products are available via the NWSTG because I can decode them with GemPak.

My question is this: are the URL's for the aforementioned products hard coded into the program, or is there a configuration file, command line switch or buried menu command which allows them to be viewed or edited?

As always, thanks for everyone's help.

-AJO
weatherdrew

Radar Source URL's in digatmos.rad

Post by weatherdrew »

After a couple of months looking into this on and off, I discovered in the documentation where the URL's for Nexrad radar generation are controlled:

digatmos.rad

Altering this file will give you total control over where and what BIN files are pulled for radar generation. Hopefully others who use the forums before digging into the documentation will find this information helpful.
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

That's correct, DIGATMOS.RAD is the abstraction layer that determines what Digital Atmosphere is supposed to do when it receives a request from the user to view a product. This gives you full control over what source will be used to display the data.

Other files you can edit:
* DIGATMOS.RDY file for users outside of the U.S. to set up direct radar image imports from the Web.
* DIGATMOS.NEX for editing the color schemes.
* DIGATMOS.NXC for editing units and cross-reference product tables used by the WSR-88D network.

Tim