PATCH: Digital Atmosphere Equinox 1.1b

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

PATCH: Digital Atmosphere Equinox 1.1b

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Digital Atmosphere Equinox V1.1b (11/8/07) has been released this morning. The patch and full versions in our download area have been updated.

Download area:
http://www.weathergraphics.com/dl

Sometime yesterday, Environment Canada redid their URL naming scheme on their radar pages. Unfortunately, Environment Canada uses a very convoluted scheme involving timestamped URLs and does not post any kind of static radar image. In this latest change they referenced the URL with a base=___ line, which was unworkable with Digital Atmosphere. I had to program a new search directive for digatmos.rdy, which replaces @@@@@ with ###### to indicate that the search term should be constructed using the "base=" query fragment line in the master document. Fortunately those hosers had an epiphany and decided that it wasn't such a good idea to put PNG content inside GIF files, and so they went back to pure GIF content, requiring that to be changed too in digatmos.rdy.

This fix only repairs Canadian radars. If you do not use Canadian radars, do not bother with this patch; it is not significant. These changes will be available to you in any future upgrade you install. Professional users needing Canadian radar support should write via email to get a professional build of this patch.

Tim
gkasica

Post by gkasica »

Have downloaded the 1.11b pro patch here and applied it but it still says 1.11a pro for version as shown below:
» Starting Digital Atmosphere - Equinox v1.11a...
» Windows 5.2.3790
» 959.2 MB available
» 548.6 MB in use (57.2%)
» Digital Atmosphere - Equinox v1.11a ready
» done.

File I have here is as follows:
da-equinox-1.11b-pro-patch.exe
6.96 MB (7,307,953 bytes)

Also, the program STILL afer all these years and revisions will give out the No Valid Workchart errors once I reboot the system here (2003 server) and it takes me literally most of a day of messing with it doing the indicated copy back of the zip files to get it running, which honestly seems more trial and error than for sure fix, as it rarely if ever works the first time. Doe anyone have a 100% (or at least close) method for making sure the program will run reliable once you reboot?? It just seems odd that you shut down normally and would have to deal with this type of error. The program works well, when it works, but the reliability issues are really starting to wear on me as I'm getting tired of not knowing if I'm going to do a 5 minute reboot and spend the next 7 hours trying to make all my scripts work again.
bobround

Upgrade

Post by bobround »

Tim,

I installed the patch and now Equinox doesn't recognize my key! What do I need to do? Thanks!