Question Fron New User!

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
ajwhall

Question Fron New User!

Post by ajwhall »

Hello to the group!

I have not long ago purchased a copy of Digital Atmosphere Equinox Standard, which of course requires a key to unlock the trail period and keep the full version running. I wish to ask if the coded changes if you upgrade your computer in any way? For example, I am currently running XP Pro 32bit and am looking to upgrade the OS to Vista Ultimate 64bit (will do fresh install). Also I have a tendency to upgrade the hardware every sort of six months (to keep my PC up to date as much as possible) so would this also affect the key to change. If it is the case that the key needs to be renewed then are they reissued to Registered users? Is there any charge if yes?

I have read a post on the forum that the Professional version, which is sent out on disc does not require a code as it is already unlocked. If this is the case then I would be quite prepare to upgrade to the Pro version to avoid future inconvenience.

I am very happy with DAE and have told Tim that it is helping me to understand Meteorology in a must greater way!

Many Thanks for any advise/help in advance.

Most Kindest Regards,

Andrew Hall.

Berlin, Germany.
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Your registration key is stored in the registry, so if the registry is changed in any way (such as when replacing the OS) then yes, you lose your key. But this is a fairly common occurrence while upgrading and you can just write to obtain a new one. The serial/key authentication method can be avoided by getting the Professional Version (which is designed for institutions and organizations that do not want serial-key schemes).

Tim