DA2000

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Jon Wright

DA2000

Post by Jon Wright »

Tim, I understand your priority right now is with DAWS, but after it is fine tuned, do you have any plans on re-visiting DA2000 and fixing the problems it has such as frontal drawings and outlooks? If not, will DA2000 programming code be available?
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

The older versions are considered retired. It is cost prohibitive to go back and try to perfect older versions and it takes time away from the upgraded versions. And as far as giving out the source code, you have got to be kidding -- it is a noble idea but there is no chance in hell I would do that when the software is paying our bills, which in turn gives me the opportunity to release newer and newer versions of Digital Atmosphere with more features. If I was to do that I might as well quit now.

Tim
Jon Wright

Post by Jon Wright »

I understand your position. Guess I will stick with DA2000 and its bugs that I have learned to work with. Thanks for your time.
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

OK, no problem... I encourage everyone to use the version they're most comfortable with.

Tim
Ben Cotton

Post by Ben Cotton »

Jon,

If your front problem is that they simply don't plot, try downloading them from

http://www.eas.purdue.edu/~bcotton/wx/d ... ont.latest

Ben
Jon Wright

Post by Jon Wright »

Thanks Ben, that solved one of my problems.
Carl Sidor

DA2000 old?

Post by Carl Sidor »

Dear Jon:
I realize that I am a little late on this topic, but I encourage you to continue to use DA2000 if you are familiar with it. I am trying to master DAWS, but DA2000 is still on my computer, and if I really need to examine data for an upcoming event, I will go back to it without hesitation. I feel very comfortable with it. Kind of like those old shoes that you cannot bear to throw away.

Cordially,
Carl Sidor