CAVOK Plot gone!

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
PhilLayton

CAVOK Plot gone!

Post by PhilLayton »

After clearing out old programs and files from the computer, I seem to have lost the ability to plot 'CAVOK' ie the circle with a cross through it. DA plots all the others OK but when cavok is reported there is no station circle....dont suppose anyone know why, as it works on my laptop and must be something Ive done to the desktop computer settings.... Phil
Dave Exton

Post by Dave Exton »

Hi Phil,

I had a similar experience recently. I was using the previous version, i.e. v1.21. All the automatic station plot circles (small circle with cross through it) vanished. Reinstalling the version prior to 1.21 fixed the problem. I've since learnt that some folks were having problems with scripting, where I beleive station plots were corrupted. I'm sure Tim has now fixed that problem, and for me, the latest version, V1.22, works a treat, that's to say all staion plots appear correctly.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Dave Exton.
PhilLayton

Post by PhilLayton »

Thanks Dave. I have tried reinstalling V 1.12 and the V 1.22 patch - even tried uninstalling the whole programme and reloading in a different folder but with the same results. Having spent 3 hours on it (amending the preferences in two styles and script files..) - I've decided I shall live with it and perhaps on a new update of windows or the next version of DA they may come back!

Phil
Dave Exton

Post by Dave Exton »

Hi Phil,

Sorry to hear of your lack of success. If you can stand it, I'd try a reinstall of V1.11.

It did work for me. since then, I've downloaded the professional version of V1.22. It has also worked.

I'm wondering if your problem lies with the fact you've added a patch to the fundamentally flawed v1.12

Anyway, whether you wait, or try the reinstall, good luck!

Regards,
Dave.