Automatic Station Circles Missing.

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Dave Exton

Automatic Station Circles Missing.

Post by Dave Exton »

Hi to all,

I've just downloaded EA Equ I.11b only to find that the station 'circle' has disappeared from all automated stations just leaving the wind shaft in place.

I've recently changed Internet provider to AOL and I am aware of the problems of partial down loads or partially working downloads from the past. Having said that, I did download through Internet Explorer.

Has any one else 'lost' their automated station 'circles' or is it just me?

Regards,

Dave Exton.

P.s., I've just noticed that all my cloud symbol plots, low, medium and high, don't show up either. I'd like to think this is a bug that can be fixed. Reassurance required if pos!
Dave Exton

Post by Dave Exton »

Just as a second post script to Automatic Station 'Circles', I've just reinstalled version 1.11a. This has completely solved the problem. This leads me to the conclusion that the latest version has a bug.
Just to recap;
Some of the automated station sites, espescially over the sea, do not plot a station 'circle' (i.e. symbol) and all cloud type symbols are absent.
Hope that helps anyone with similar problems.

Regards,

Dave Exton.
Juggernaught

Post by Juggernaught »

In my case this problem was due to TrueType font "WeatherSymbols" (file meteo.ttf). I've spent 3-4 hours and drawn all cloud layer pictograms (3 x 9) and 9 pressure tendency pictograms. Now DA works perfectly :) and it draws all of these symbols.
I can send you this ttf-file. You should replace one in Windows\Fonts folder and reboot Windows (for additional safety).
weasel2

Post by weasel2 »

I wasn't aware automated stations were able to ID cloud types? Perhaps possible in this day and age, but it is a new one to me.

Pat
peyush

from peyush

Post by peyush »

This site is very informative.This deals with the weather graphics.The signal transmission is fully depend on the weather.So some problems will occur during signal transmission.

=========================================================

PEYUSH

http://www.widecircles.biz