Another Map-related Bug

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
MarcC

Another Map-related Bug

Post by MarcC »

Hi Tim,

I've been experiencing one other map-related bug in version 1.0d. Here's what happens:

There seems to be a problem with the zoom-in and zoom-out buttons on occasion. I zoomed in twice on a map of the western US to get a map of northern CA, western NV, and extreme southern OR. When I tried to plot the current base reflectivity on this new map, DAWS plotted these and then tried to redraw a map that was "zoomed out a notch" over the one I was using! :x Here's the map I ended up with:

Regards,
Marc
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

While I can't comment on this case since I'd have to know the sequence that led up to this error, we might have fixed this in V1.0e. V1.0d had a serious problem with storage of the background map.

Tim
Ben Cotton

Post by Ben Cotton »

I've had this same problem on 1.0d (Win XP) several times. I've noticed that it only happens when I click a zoom button very quickly. If I wait for the first zoom to render before I do the second zoom, I don't have that problem.

Ben
MarcC

Post by MarcC »

Hi Ben,

I think the problem is this:

If the zoom in/out buttons are clicked quickly giving DAWS no time to draw in state borders, coastlines, etc. on a certain map, it will keep trying to draw those on the next map. It's very annoying! :x

Regards,
Marc
Wally Mayo

Post by Wally Mayo »

I've actually seen this happen with the older DA.

See an example here:
http://www.weatherroanoke.com/floater-04040109.gif

Sorry the state lines are 1 pixel thick, but if you look you can see the double mapping offset.