Feature and change requests

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
tmagan

Post by tmagan »

Minor thing but when you go to 'Map Configuration'-->'Quick Pick'-->'By location preset'-->'Haiti', you get western India.
Greg Higgins

Post by Greg Higgins »

Need to update the calculations for both the wind chill and heat index as NWS has modified them over the past several years.

Greg Higgins
Shannon Key

Post by Shannon Key »

Thanks again for all the suggestions. I've compiled a list for Tim and he is working on the patch now that we have the book back orders taken care of. We are focusing first on fixes and later on new features. The goal is to have a patch out in late January.
britbob

Post by britbob »

Hello Shannon,

I`ve mentioned this to Tim a number of times, but it has probably been forgotten.

A "remember" feature would be nice for Equinox. Consider plotting a surface analysis, under the workchart - time selection - Surface, I usually set this to all. However if Equinox is shutdown for any reason it defaults back to one hour.

I run Equinox on a remote server, it`s a real pita is the server is rebooted when I am away, Equinox will start up again (when batch / scripting) but I will have lost the time selection setting.

Hopefully made some sense there? This for me would make the software complete :)

Happy holidays all.
carseman

Post by carseman »

Shannon,
I have another "fix" request. When creating maps for the UK, the outlines of several of our major islands are missing. These include the Isle of Wight, Anglesey, the Isle of Skye, North and Sout Uist, Barra, Islay, Jura, Mull, Arran, Coll, Tiree ,Rum and most of the Orkney islands. Is it possible to get these outlines included?

Chris
Greg Higgins

Post by Greg Higgins »

Tim and Shannon,

See the thread: showthread.php?t=1469

Also, in the manual, there appears to be missing pages on / after page 60.

Greg Higgins
packman

Post by packman »

These were previously reported as problems in Equinox v1.05 and still seem to be broken in 1.40d. I don't know if they're still on Tim's fix list or not...

2) Despite selecting various locations (my definitions and pre-defined) and trying many settings, I can't generate any Polar Stereographic or Satellite basemaps. All I get is a blank map. If I move the cursor anywhere over the blank polar stereographic map, it shows the coords as (-9999.0000,-9639.000). For a satellite map it always shows (0.0000, 0.0000).

4) Possibly a Windows Vista issue, but the Preferences, Quality Control Panel and Calculator/Conversions dialog boxes are too small for their contents. They have to be re-sized each time DA is restarted.

5) Using Make Topography leaves the sea green. I thought topography previously only filled land areas?

6) The Data menu has a "Build 3D atmosphere" option which doesn't seem to do anything and doesn't seem to be documented anywhere.
LaurierWilliams

Post by LaurierWilliams »

Hi Shannon

A few more:

1. Heat index and wind chill plot in deg F even when metric is selected.
2. Australian data from my site - Australian Weather News - is now working on the Retrieve Data menu again. I have fixed it following a major server change.
3. The output.sfc file is a great resource, but would it be possible to expand the number of elements reported, e.g. rainfall, rain duration, max temp, min temp, present weather.

All the best for 2009. Laurier.
LaurierWilliams

One more. In addition to the pressure tendency symbols missing, I've just discovered that the high, middle and low level cloud symbols are missing as well.
LaurierWilliams

And another. I have all checkboxes in the "map features to be drawn" section ticked in Preferences > Maps. When I map > generate base map for the United States, I get state boundaries fine. When I do the same for Australia, the state boundaries appear on the screen briefly, then vanish as river and lat/long lines etc. are drawn. If I then untick just the islands tick box in Preferences > Maps, the state boundaries are fine.