Feature and change requests

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
rolsch

better position for the tabs Scripting/Fronts/Workchart

Post by rolsch »

Hmm,
better position for the tabs Scripting/Fronts/Workchart,
this is my old request for DAWP 1.2
Hint: the tabs with icons

Hmm,
needs somebody the left Status colum constantly?
rolsch

"in-line-values" für Temp/Pressure...

Post by rolsch »

Hi,
another old request ;)

Uwe Bergholter

Custom data analysis

Post by Uwe Bergholter »

Hi,
as I am using external data with DA very often I would be very glad, if DA handled the custom data analysis in the modes 'distance weighted', 'Barnes', and possibly also 'Cressman'. Presently only the 'nearest neighbour' mode is operational with custom data. The results are reasonable but of limited quality for presentation. Could this be cured by a patch?
Uwe
packman

Post by packman »

Shannon Key wrote:I spoke with Tim about the Mercator projection plotting issue, and we are going to work on fixing that with a patch.... We'll make an announcement in this forum when the patch is ready. It may be sometime in January as we are in the Christmas rush right now.
January is drawing to a close. Any news on the progress of the Mercator plotting patch?
Shannon Key

Post by Shannon Key »

Tim gave me a beta version of the patch this evening, along with a list of what he changed. I am going to compare his list with mine tomorrow morning, and will most likely need to give him a few additions. Once he gets those done, I will put out a call for beta testers here. My guess is it'll be in the next 3 days. I can't promise that all the requests have been included (in fact I'm sure some won't be) in this patch, but I do know he worked on the Mercator projection problem.

Shannon
packman

Post by packman »

Thanks Shannon. I'll gladly do some testing of the mercator stuff if you need a volunteer.
carseman

Post by carseman »

Shannon,
Another volunteer mercator tester here.

Chris A.
Wally Mayo

Re: Feature and change requests

Post by Wally Mayo »

Requested things to address ...

1. The default and NOAA radar servers have San Juan with the 248 mi. radius radar plots, and it works well if you do it manually (if you use the RADAR menu.)
But the script
RADAR,Br248,KJUA
won't work, though other sites do with Br248. KJUA will work with BREF1 in scripts, just not as RADAR,BR248,JUA

2. MADIS problem: I have several scripts for regional areas with MADIS in the DATA RETRIEVAL box. Unfortunately, that box totally overrides any MADIS lines in DA standard scripts. That is, whatever is checked is what you'll get no matter what MADIS script is in a DA script. I'm guessing that it should be independent, like other MENU driven selections (you CAN script radars different form what is selected in SELECT NEXRAD STATION).

Example: In DA script, it specifies downloading MADIS data for VA, and plot it; but if the box for NC is checked in DATA RETRIEVAL box, it will get NC in spite of line in script calling for VA.

3. Of course, hurricane plotting.

4. How about warning (or watch) boxes?

Thanks for your fine work.