invalid time/date error still in version 1.0e

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
rik wessels

invalid time/date error still in version 1.0e

Post by rik wessels »

Upon starting retrieval . when either ( or both ) fleetcode and sferics Europe are checked , the "invalid time / date error " is still there .

It seems this bug - if you can call it a bug , it's more of a regional issue IMO - is related to windows - settings as most european users will probably use regional settings applicable to Europe . Format for time-date settings in my windows version ( win 2000 pro-dutch ) are as follows :

HH:MM ( 24 hours settings), month is displayed as name of month
Date is as follows :

DD/MM/YYYY

DST is automatic and setting is at GMT +1

example when hovering over windows tray clock :

13:33

Wednesday 31 March 2004

I'm pretty sure the error has to do with these settings - we saw similar problems with wxsim at one point in development . Once both ( not either, but both ) fleetcode and sferics are unchecked the retrieval causes no problems .

Also : has the drawing tool been disabled temporarily ? Or permanently ?
when trying to "make new overlay " or enable drawing tool DAWS goes haywire :)
rik wessels

Post by rik wessels »

Now noticed same error posting - verbatim in sec . - in frontal bulletin - retrieval (USA)

NCEP works fine , Albany causes same dat/time error . Error :

Digital Atmosphere has encountered an error :' 3/24/04 01 :10:00 ' is not a valid time date

uncheck Albany-frontal bulletin to avoid this in Europe.

Also : upon plotting frontal depiction on U.S.A. - map :

Digital atmosphere encountered an error : range check error ( this with frontal bulletin data from NCEP only, the other source was unchecked - see above )

The fronts get plotted ok regardless of this error though.
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

I found that changing the date format to USA fixes is a workaround for this
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

I need a copy of your site.lst file to diagnose this (after attempting the download) as well as the text of the error that comes up with this attempt.

Tim
rik wessels

Post by rik wessels »

sending it to you, changing date/time settings also isn't an option for me as my weatherstation -logfiles are all in european format - it would mean losing a large logfile :)
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

You wouldn't have to change your own time settings... the invalid time in question originates from the host server. That's why the site.lis file helps (which I received, thanks).

Tim