Font issues

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Font issues

Post by Tim Vasquez »

I've had one or two users report an issue with fonts in the V1.50 version. The claim is that when V1.50 is installed alongside an older Digital Atmosphere version, that the Truetype font (which produces cloud symbols, weather symbols, etc) ceases working, and the older version has to be reinstalled. This was said to have occurred in XP.

I have sifted through the code but have been unable to figure anything out that would cause this. I did a test install of V1.50 on my system and had no font problems.

If you have had any positive or negative experiences in this area, please tell me so I can work on this problem some more, if necessary. Details are extremely important.

In lieu of any further reports I am going to require that the Digital Atmosphere installer from V1.51 onward be required to be installed from an Administrator account, as Microsoft requires that any font install in XP/Vista MUST be done from an administrator or power user account. While I am uncertain that this issue was the cause of the problems above, it would have the potential to cause problems for other users if not addressed.

Tim
rolsch

Post by rolsch »

Hi Tim,
here two pictures from my daeq_std_1.15b version on vista ultimate 64bit german.

- fresh install
- load euro map
- retrieve data
- push Data - Data Plots

There are missing signs at north spain or was all things ok (not more data)?

- can i set the size of the signs?
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

I have seen this too, and it is not a defective font issue but rather a problem of Digital Atmosphere properly using the available TrueType symbols font when sky cover = 10 (missing). I will definitely take a look at this today and repair it in V1.52 beta (which will become an official version soon).

Tim