Mesonet data help!

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
tyler_costantini

Mesonet data help!

Post by tyler_costantini »

I need some help loading the OK, TX, WTX mesonets into DA i know it can be done as i have seen products using the data. I saw some past links but they just seemed to have bits of info not put this here and paste this into your stn file.

Thanks.

Tyler Costantini
Greg Higgins

Post by Greg Higgins »

Tyler,
Add the following to the C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\DigitalAtmosphere\digatmos.urx file:

SFC METAR METAR from Texas Tech (Texas only) http://www.mesonet.ttu.edu/latestobs/LATEST1.TXT

You then chose it when you do your downloads. This has nothing to do with the stn file. There is not a TX mesonet, only the West Texas Mesonet which is the above file from Texas Tech. I have done a little research concerning the OK Micro and meso nets but it appears that the data can on;y be obtained by subscription. If you have and leads, post a note and I'll try to find it. Good luck!

Greg Higgins
lrdheat

mesonet

Post by lrdheat »

In the data retrieval window, you can check one of the MADIS options. It takes awhile for that option to load, but it is a rather dense network of stations from a variety of platforms. The large file option seems to be better quality controled than the other MADIS option, but care must still be given to some of the observations.

Heatwave
tyler_costantini

Greg, Thanks for the Texas mesonet data.. Now where can i get the OK Mesonet data? and others,, I know it can be done..

I have looked into the MADIS option but IMO with all of the CWOP data in the feed its not worth a darn!!!! if that could be filtered out it would be fine.

Tyler.
tyler_costantini

I did some looking around on Albany's server and found the IA mesonet data.. but the stations are not in the .stn file? does anyone have them?

This is what im using to ingest and it seems to work. bur not station refference.
Iowa Mesonet From Albany (Iowa) http://www.atmos.albany.edu/weather/dat ... @S_iow.mtr