Problem with DA v2 - No Default Printer

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
XMetTech

Problem with DA v2 - No Default Printer

Post by XMetTech »

I recently upgraded my Digital Atmosphere Pro from 1.40d to 2.07.

When I try to close the program, File | Exit, I get the error "Digital Atmosphere encountered an error: There is no default printer currently selected." I click OK; the Error box disappears but the program remains open. The only way to close the program is using Task Manager and kill the program.

If I go File | Print or File | Print Setup I get the same error.

I then removed v2.07 Pro and installed v2.00. I have the same problem. The following additional error appeared when I used Task Manager | End Task to kill the application. "Digital Atmosphere encountered an error: Access violation at address 00403054 in module 'digatmos.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFD"

My computer is:

Intel Core 2 Quad processor 9400 2.67 GHz
8 GB RAM
Windows Vista Business 64-bit SP2
GeForce 9600 GT graphics card 512Mb

Default printer is a Brother HL-1440 Laser printer

Verson 1.40d worked without errors.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Johnathon
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

We were notified about this several days ago and it is considered an urgent fix for the next upgrade. It does not appear to affect people with a default printer, but clearly it's not acceptable for it to bomb out like this. The problem with V2.00 is similarly related since there has been a default printer scheme for the past 10 years with no changes to the code; it's strange though that it only comes up now so maybe it's Vista related.

This should be fixed in V2.09 later this week.

Tim