Vista and DA's scheduler

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Wood Ant

Vista and DA's scheduler

Post by Wood Ant »

Hello all,

Some months ago a asked if any one is having problems with using DA's (std) sheduler with Vista 32 or 64.

The problem is that I can not get the scheduler to work correctly. It will only run once instead of every hour. I have tried many times to get it to work with out luck. having
used many configurations.

Is any one having the same problems or has got the sheduler to work with Vista 32 or 64, if so how ?

Also with there be any updates in time the the Huricaine season.

Regards
Michael
Peter

Post by Peter »

Michael,

I don't use Vista but have you tried running DA in 'compatibility' mode?
To do that I think you select the .exe file, right click and in the Context Menu there's an option for compatibilty, so try XP.

I have seen problems with other programmes and this solution works, sometimes.

Not sure if the lack of replies to your posting is due to this discussion group dying or that nobody uses Vista, or maybe it's a bit of both.....

Regards
Wood Ant

Post by Wood Ant »

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried your suggestion, and set DA to rum in XP mode and with administrator rights.
Again the scheduler only ran the scripts once.

I have also noticed that the enable scheduler check box in the window does not stay ticked after the DA has executed the scripts at the time required. Which makes me think the DA is not fully compatible with Vista.

I do hope that this forum or DA is not dead, and an update may become available in time for the hurricane season.

Michael
Ross

Post by Ross »

Have you tried putting TIMERON at the end of each script.
Ross
Wood Ant

Post by Wood Ant »

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the suggestion, it worked

Many thanks

Michael