Updated station file for DAWS

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Wally

Re: Updated station file for DAWS

Post by Wally »

Found error at Canadian station CZMY. Corrected now, only in BC. (Duplicate error deleted, was plotting error in eastern Canada.)
lrdheat

Post by lrdheat »

Wally...Thanks!

Is CZMT (which plots in Quebec) supposed to be elsewhere?

Heatwave
lrdheat

Post by lrdheat »

Hi Wally (again)...I think CZMY that you refer to is really CZMT(?), which you have corrected. CWHL plots in SE Manitoba...should plot in BC at 54.17N -130.35W (decimal degrees). Also, stations 62114, 62117 plot around 58N, -99.99W...they clearly don't belong there.

Heatwave
Wally

Post by Wally »

Are you talking about v. 2.07 with 62114, 62117? The database shows near 58N and near 1E, I think. I'm a little confused here.
CWHL should be Holland Rock, and the duplicate error listing elsewhere has been deleted (fixed).
Apparently we are still finding a few errors in the original database, but it is good to fix them.
Wally

Update - need older file

Post by Wally »

If between Apr. 4-Apr 6 you downloaded the file for 2.07 (.csv file) then overwrite with current posted file. The file during that short time got corrupted.
If you have the previous file (dated Feb or Mar 2012) please email it to me (attached). A column in the file got "out of sync" in the file posted a day or so ago. I should be okay, now. I think I fixed it. However, as a quality check, I would like to compare the corrected file to the last file. Email to wmayo444@cox.net or mayo@weatherroanoke.com
(The ONE TIME I didn't back up the last file -- is the ONE time it got briefly messed up) :oops: :oops: :oops:

Again, everything seems to be all fine, now. Thanks to anyone who can send the older file to me.
lrdheat

Post by lrdheat »

Hi Wally,

I do have version 2.07

For some reason, when I try to load your new csv, I now get error 32 from DAtmosphere.

I can search the new table (looks like everthing is corrected), but it generates the error mesage where as my re-download of March 27's list still is accepted by DA.

Thanks for all of your work and interest!

Richard "Heatwave" Berler
Wally

Post by Wally »

Ok. I've received email with desired file. No more are needed. And, error 32 seems to be gone.
Thanks.
I'll look at that Kansas station error.

EDIT: KPTS has been corrected from TX to KS.
Latest file has been updated.
Wally

Post by Wally »

Ok, since I've had to make so many other corrections, I went ahead and did a full update through today (Apr 14)

KJPD Ten Sleep WY
KY19 Mandan ND
KLSB Lordsburg NM
KGGP Logansport IN
KLUA Luray VA*
KPUJ Atlanta/Paulding GA
KTSP Tehachapi CA (added for older versions only-pre 2.07)
KD25 Manitowish Waters WI
KPPO La Porte IN
KVKY Main Pass/289C LA
KE16 San Martin CA
KO86 Trinity Center CA
KGXA Palmdale CA
KJVW Raymond MS
KM63 McGregor Range NM

* change of ID only (but it won't plot any more unless new ID is used)

More out west this time.

I should post links again...

http://www.weatherroanoke.com/digatmos.stn

The updated station file for v. 2x is at

http://www.weatherroanoke.com/location- ... r-list.csv

Right click (and paste) link if it doesn't work directly.
vproton

Post by vproton »

I have been working with an FAA contractor on loading in the new AWOS-AV stations.

Here is the first data file... www.vproton.net/scgi-bin/sawosout.txt and www.vproton.net/scgi-bin/digiout.txt

The excel file is at http://vproton.net/scgi-bin/AWOS-AV.xlsx with all the station ID's, elevations, lat/long. I have 2.06 pro and need to know how add to the station file and what format the stations need to be in.

Thanks, Victor
Wally

Post by Wally »

This is interesting. Always like to find new stations.
1. Not sure how DA would handle the second data file with no "K" before station IDs.
2. Excel file gives good data for stations, but I'm thinking each station will have to be added manually to the main file, or I guess if it is formatted right, it can be ingested into surface station file as "custom" add-on file. That's the purpose of the "add custom file" function.