Update problem

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
malcolmn

Update problem

Post by malcolmn »

Hi
I've just updated by downloading v2-09 Pro. It appeared to install okay but now the problems start probably because I'm doing something stupid.
Retrieving data from the internet seems to be okay as requested but at the end there is an error message 'file cannot be found' and obviously the data isn't there. I'm not actually sure of the origin of the sparse data that is plotted.
Also importing a file appears okay but the it refuses to draw the surface pressure. There are one two other things but the ones I've mentioned seem so fundamental that I have a feeling I'm doing something stupid. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Regards

Malcolm
chuck

Re: Update problem

Post by chuck »

malcolmn wrote:Hi
I've just updated by downloading v2-09 Pro. It appeared to install okay but now the problems start probably because I'm doing something stupid.
Retrieving data from the internet seems to be okay as requested but at the end there is an error message 'file cannot be found' and obviously the data isn't there. I'm not actually sure of the origin of the sparse data that is plotted.
Also importing a file appears okay but the it refuses to draw the surface pressure. There are one two other things but the ones I've mentioned seem so fundamental that I have a feeling I'm doing something stupid. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Regards

Malcolm
What is your system. XP or vista-windows 7.
Chuck
malcolmn

Post by malcolmn »

chuck wrote:
malcolmn wrote:Hi

Regards

Malcolm
What is your system. XP or vista-windows 7.
Chuck
XP Home
Malcolm
carseman

Post by carseman »

Malcolm,
What were you wishing to download and what URL were you using?

Chris
Budgie

Post by Budgie »

Try downloading the update again, there may have been a file that became corrupted the first time.
malcolmn

Post by malcolmn »

carseman wrote:Malcolm,

Chris
Chris

I downloaded the v2.09 (October 2009) version using the URL supplied by Tim.

Malcolm
malcolmn

Post by malcolmn »

Budgie wrote:Try downloading the update again, there may have been a file that became corrupted the first time.
Thanks, I'll try that.
Malcolm
malcolmn

Post by malcolmn »

malcolmn wrote:
Budgie wrote:Try downloading the update again, there may have been a file that became corrupted the first time.
Thanks, I'll try that.
Malcolm
Same results I'm afraid.

Malcolm
carseman

Post by carseman »

malcolmn wrote:
carseman wrote:Malcolm,

Chris
Chris

I downloaded the v2.09 (October 2009) version using the URL supplied by Tim.

Malcolm
Malcolm,
Sorry, I meant what weather data were you trying to download and plot.
Chris
malcolmn

Post by malcolmn »

Sorry Chris misread that. Most of the stuff listed in the data retrieval window apart from some of the cyclone and hurricane boxes. Much as I do now with the Vi1. 1j3 version which has worked fine for years. Or do you want specifics? What is puzzling me slightly is that during the downlod process everything looks fine but obviously it's not going to a file. Not drawing the surface chart is another matter but actually is irrelevant until this is sorted.

Malcolm