The Weather Forecasting Forum
http://www.weathergraphics.com/forum/

Update problem
http://www.weathergraphics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1683
Page 1 of 2

Author:  malcolmn [ Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Update problem

Hi
I've just updated by downloading v2-09 Pro. It appeared to install okay but now the problems start probably because I'm doing something stupid.
Retrieving data from the internet seems to be okay as requested but at the end there is an error message 'file cannot be found' and obviously the data isn't there. I'm not actually sure of the origin of the sparse data that is plotted.
Also importing a file appears okay but the it refuses to draw the surface pressure. There are one two other things but the ones I've mentioned seem so fundamental that I have a feeling I'm doing something stupid. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Regards

Malcolm

Author:  chuck [ Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Update problem

malcolmn wrote:
Hi
I've just updated by downloading v2-09 Pro. It appeared to install okay but now the problems start probably because I'm doing something stupid.
Retrieving data from the internet seems to be okay as requested but at the end there is an error message 'file cannot be found' and obviously the data isn't there. I'm not actually sure of the origin of the sparse data that is plotted.
Also importing a file appears okay but the it refuses to draw the surface pressure. There are one two other things but the ones I've mentioned seem so fundamental that I have a feeling I'm doing something stupid. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Regards

Malcolm

What is your system. XP or vista-windows 7.
Chuck

Author:  malcolmn [ Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Update problem

chuck wrote:
malcolmn wrote:
Hi
I've just updated by downloading v2-09 Pro. It appeared to install okay but now the problems start probably because I'm doing something stupid.
Retrieving data from the internet seems to be okay as requested but at the end there is an error message 'file cannot be found' and obviously the data isn't there. I'm not actually sure of the origin of the sparse data that is plotted.
Also importing a file appears okay but the it refuses to draw the surface pressure. There are one two other things but the ones I've mentioned seem so fundamental that I have a feeling I'm doing something stupid. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Regards

Malcolm

What is your system. XP or vista-windows 7.
Chuck


XP Home
Malcolm

Author:  carseman [ Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Update problem

Malcolm,
What were you wishing to download and what URL were you using?

Chris

Author:  Budgie [ Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Update problem

Try downloading the update again, there may have been a file that became corrupted the first time.

Author:  malcolmn [ Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Update problem

carseman wrote:
Malcolm,
What were you wishing to download and what URL were you using?

Chris


Chris

I downloaded the v2.09 (October 2009) version using the URL supplied by Tim.

Malcolm

Author:  malcolmn [ Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Update problem

Budgie wrote:
Try downloading the update again, there may have been a file that became corrupted the first time.


Thanks, I'll try that.
Malcolm

Author:  malcolmn [ Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Update problem

malcolmn wrote:
Budgie wrote:
Try downloading the update again, there may have been a file that became corrupted the first time.


Thanks, I'll try that.
Malcolm


Same results I'm afraid.

Malcolm

Author:  carseman [ Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Update problem

malcolmn wrote:
carseman wrote:
Malcolm,
What were you wishing to download and what URL were you using?

Chris


Chris

I downloaded the v2.09 (October 2009) version using the URL supplied by Tim.

Malcolm

Malcolm,
Sorry, I meant what weather data were you trying to download and plot.
Chris

Author:  malcolmn [ Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Update problem

Sorry Chris misread that. Most of the stuff listed in the data retrieval window apart from some of the cyclone and hurricane boxes. Much as I do now with the Vi1. 1j3 version which has worked fine for years. Or do you want specifics? What is puzzling me slightly is that during the downlod process everything looks fine but obviously it's not going to a file. Not drawing the surface chart is another matter but actually is irrelevant until this is sorted.

Malcolm

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/