The Hills are alive...(I wish)

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Dave Exton

Re: The Hills are alive...(I wish)

Post by Dave Exton »

Thanks Peter, that's appreciated!

I have now tried the links in the other replies (which do involve your suggestion). They do work very well especially when combined with imported shapefiles and my own custom overlay - UK Shipping Forecast areas.

I don't know if you remember, but Weasel created some very excellent topographic maps to use in DA. Unfortunately he no-longer uses the forum and I've lost his contact address. He also set out details showing how to use up-to-date global satellite cloud pictures, which after a little setting up, could be used as a background for DA. Unfortunately, I've not been able to retrieve these, so maybe they're discontinued.

My ultimate aim here is to find some transparent contours to add to the base-maps, similar to the way the met agencies use on their charts....

Anyway, thanks again Peter,
Take care,

Dave.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Hello Dave

It's a long time ago I worked with DA and satellites, but perhaps you can find some ideas in the article I wrote for the contest a couple of years ago. See http://www.weathergraphics.com/gallery/

After moving to Vietnam I am very busy with my house and I have not set up anything so I'm afraid that I cannot answer questions (yet).

Greetings

Fred van den Bosch
Dave Exton

Post by Dave Exton »

Thanks Fred,

Good to hear from you and thanks for your interest and suggestion - it is much appreciated!

I wish you well in your new home and hope that you get settled as soon as possible.

Warmest regards,

Dave.