Remove numbers on isobars

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
garyburnett44

Remove numbers on isobars

Post by garyburnett44 »

Hello Everyone.
May I say that I am a new user of DA and have found help/advice invaluable on the forum. I am still experimenting with some charts and hope to upload some to my web site soon. One thing that I would like to do is remove the number from the isobar when I create a pressure chart. When creating large area chart it looks a bit cluttered. Would anyone be able to assist? Be great if so
regards
Gary
Budgie

Re: Remove numbers on isobars

Post by Budgie »

Hi Gary,

Welcome to DA.

I'm not sure you can remove the numbers completely but what may work is to reduce the number of isobars on the screen by increasing the pressure setting between the lines.

Look for "CINT=" in your pressure code, the number following this is the difference between each line.
So if the number is 4, as I have it set, then one line may be 994 hPa and the next will be 998 hPa.
You can increase or decrease this to suit your individual needs, have a play and see if that suits.

You can also change the width of the lines themselves using the "LINE=" part of the code.
Increase for thicker lines and decrease for thinner.

Martin.
garyburnett44

Re: Remove numbers on isobars

Post by garyburnett44 »

Hello Martin

Thanks for your advice. I will do as you say. I like DA but quite a steep learning curve!
Thanks again
Gary