Possible bug??

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
tornadoforecaster

Possible bug??

Post by tornadoforecaster »

Tim and group:

I don't know if anyone else has this problem or not, but when I plot upper level winds at 500mb levels, things are fine, but when I print it, the entire page is black. My printer settings are fine. I tried printing twice, but the same thing, a black image with nothing on it.

Can someone help me out here?

RG
Wally Mayo

Post by Wally Mayo »

Randy,

Went immediately and tried it out. Retrieved upper data, made a 500mb chart with temps, heights, then printed it. Worked just fine. A nice print.

Hope you can find your problem.

System:
2.4 Pentium, 1 Gig RAM, Windows XP, Canon i860 printer.

Version DAWS 1.0f
tornadoforecaster

Re: ??

Wally:

My new system is a pentium III with 4 gig hard drive and Epson stylus C60 printer. DAW version 1.0f, same as you.

I don't know what is causing this to occur as I never tweaked any of the settings, nor did I change anything. I can't really blame it on a "bug", just yet because I don't know if it is in fact a bug.

I different levels, and they plotted fine on the screen, but when I went to print them, it came out all black with nothing on it. It only did this for upper level stuff but not surface data. Surface data prints just fine.

Wally, when you installed Tim's latest patch, did you notice if you ended up with an "evaluation" copy again? Mine says that. :?:
MarcC

Post by MarcC »

Hi Randy and Wally,

Well, it seems to me that I used to have a problem with the print feature where the printer would just feed out a blank page when I tried to print today, it worked just fine. I used to have to copy the map, paste it into a Word document, and then print. I'm running Windows ME, have 128 MB RAM, 18 GB of hard disk space, and a 600 Megahertz processor.

Regards,
Marc
tornadoforecaster

Re: print problem

Marc:

To go through all the hassle of copying to a word document, then print would be taking too much time to get the image ready for display on my
website. Sure, I could do that, but I don't wish to. To be honest, I don't
know what is going on.

I'm still investigating this............. :?
Wally Mayo

Post by Wally Mayo »

Randy,

I just really "guess" that you've done the first obvious things like remove and reinstall your printer driver - the latest one from the site of the manufacturer.

Have you tried using a different printer (borrowed/temporary)?
tornadoforecaster

Re: ok

Wally Mayo wrote:Randy,

I just really "guess" that you've done the first obvious things like remove and reinstall your printer driver - the latest one from the site of the manufacturer.

Have you tried using a different printer (borrowed/temporary)?
Well, yes and I do have the latest driver. I have no other printers available to me. I have made some progress as it's now printing most of my charts. It's really wasting ink when it decides to give me a totally black printout! I really don't know what to think when it does this, but will continue monitoring. So far, so good :)