Analysis options for maps

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Tickford

Analysis options for maps

Post by Tickford »

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to Workstation from 2000 and have noticed that there isn't an analysis option for Precipitation forecasts (6hr, 18hr etc...) for plotting on the maps nor is there a Pressure Tendency option. Perhaps I'm missing something but I cannot seem to find them anywhere.

Is there a new way of plotting these two items on the maps ??

By the way, I'm in Australia so I cannot use the radar features for rainfall

Thanks for your help
Tickford

Post by Tickford »

Anyone ??
Wally Mayo

Post by Wally Mayo »

It isn't in the menu like DA2000. Perhaps it will be added. Right now, the only "apparent" way would be through a script like
product,p01,0,1 hr. precip
but like some other script commands, I can't get it to work.
Again, I hope it isn't another command "buried" in script-only operations and not to be available in the menus. (I still miss configurable line-widths, etc. in preferences).

UPDATE:
I"m learning how to "insert" some items into the menu. How does one do watches/warnings plotting. It WAS in the menu of DA2000, but I can't even find it in the analysis script listings.
Tickford

Post by Tickford »

Thanks for your reply. I may have a look into that. Would be much nicer to have them in a menu somewhere though. Hopefully that will get implemented again in later versions
Wally Mayo

Post by Wally Mayo »

Well, RETRIEVE will get you wx warnings, etc. but how do we get them plotted?
Under DATA there is no longer any WARNINGS menu choice (as it was in DA2000).