Digital Atmosphere Assistance requested

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Nathan.Taylor

Digital Atmosphere Assistance requested

Post by Nathan.Taylor »

I’m having some issues with Digital Atmosphere 2.09 and I’m hoping someone can help me out.

1. Is there a way to change the color of plotted data that I’m missing somewhere?
a. For example: I’m plotting Geostrophic wind (barbs) and Wind Speed (barbs) (kt) on the same work chart to show our students the difference between the two. It would be much easier to see the difference between the two if they were difference colors. (See attached image 1)
2. Is there some way to “turn off” and “turn on” one or more of the layers of plotted data?
3. When trying to print, I receive an error. Is there something I need to set up in the preferences that I’m missing? (see attached image 2) Print Setup pulls in my printer info with no problems. (see image 3)
4. When I close the original map that opens with Digital Atmosphere, I try to Load Base map and receive the information window in image 4.
5. When I try to Generate Base Map I get the error in image 5.
6. I’ve included a text doc with the Digital Atmosphere status.

Any assistance you could give with these issues would be greatly appreciated!

Image1
Image2
Image3
Image4
Image5
Text File
Budgie

Re: Digital Atmosphere Assistance requested

Post by Budgie »

How are you running these, are you using the buttons at the top of the screen or using a script you put together?
If it's a script, can you post that?

I can't help with the printing side as I've never tried to print one of the images but it may help if you let us know which OS you're using and if it's Windows 7 or 8, are you running DA as Administrator?
Nathan.Taylor

Post by Nathan.Taylor »

I'm running Windows 7 in an Enterprise environment and log in with my Common Access Card so I don't have the administrator password. The software was installed by the department computer guy.

Does the software need to be run with the admin account? If so, that's going to create a lot of issues. The computer lab has 10 computers with the software installed and the students don't have access to the admin account either.

Nate
Budgie

Post by Budgie »

You should be able to run the software without using the admin account.
In Windows 7, with some software, you need to right click on the software icon (on the desktop or from the program folder) and there should be an option "Run as Administrator". You click on this and the software will start, the good thing is that you only need to do this once.

This just something to check and may not be the issue.

You don't say how you're using DA to create the maps, is it using the buttons or have you written scripts?
Wally

Post by Wally »

For image 4 ... you cannot just load a saved prior map in that situation. I think just manually creating any new map will "get you back" into the ability to load saved maps again.
You don't even have to save the newly created map. Just go and load your choice saved map then.