Post details when reporting bugs

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post details when reporting bugs

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Because of limited time I will no longer post "send more details" when a user reports a bug and their report message skims past all important details. From time to time I even get single-sentence E-mails like "The upper air data does not plot." This does not help me!

The only way I can solve an error is to be able to reproduce it, so you must help show me how to create the error. Always give information on the keystrokes or menu selections leading up to the error, as well as your source of data that was imported (it can be helpful to copy relevant portions of your Status Window into the message so exact URL's can be seen). Pertinent observations and even a screen capture can be helpful if you are unable to describe the appearance of the error.

Detailed descriptions of the crash message are not necessary. Do include plain-language errors "Range check error" but don't include any of the numerical debugging codes that might appear... none of these help at all since memory configurations and addresses are purely specific to your own computer.

Thanks,

Tim