Extra functions?

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Francis Richards

Extra functions?

Post by Francis Richards »

I'm wondering if you would be able to add some extra functionalities:

Ability to choose METAR/SAO import time ie either on the hour (H+50) or on the half hour (H+20).
When importing both SYNOP and METAR an ability to overide the plotting of one type of coding for a station circle if it has both METAR and SYNOP WMO ID.
For the station circle adding past weather plotting W1W2.
Windchill in degrees C. Please update metric in mnu file.
For automatic SYNOP reporting stations to plot the appropriate weather symbol for those stations using WMO code table 4680 or the standard one.

DA is getting better and better over the years - keep up the good work. Congratulations for your baby too.

Dr F Richards, UK
PhilLayton

Post by PhilLayton »

A shortcut button for Sea Level Pressure Analysis would be appreciated by me

Thanks

Phil
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Ability to choose METAR/SAO import time ie either on the hour (H+50) or on the half hour (H+20).
Flexible time gates have been added for the next release.
When importing both SYNOP and METAR an ability to overide the plotting of one type of coding for a station circle if it has both METAR and SYNOP WMO ID.
I'll take another look at this tomorrow.
For the station circle adding past weather plotting W1W2.
This will have to be saved as a long-term suggestion.
Windchill in degrees C. Please update metric in mnu file.
This has now been added.
For automatic SYNOP reporting stations to plot the appropriate weather symbol for those stations using WMO code table 4680 or the standard one.
It should be doing this already anytime it picks up a 7wwww group. If it isn't please cite a specific station date/time for me to test.
A shortcut button for Sea Level Pressure Analysis would be appreciated by me.
I went ahead and added this.

Thanks,

Tim