Got new Key words

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Hossain7422

Got new Key words

Post by Hossain7422 »

Thank you Tim. I got all the three new keys. Is there any way to protect these keys from being eroded incase of my PC OS get corrupted or washedup ? Else I have to write you all the time !
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

From the FAQ: http://www.weathergraphics.com/faq.htm#FAQ10

The registration is lost with any hard drive crash, and can't be transplanted onto another computer since it is unique to each Windows installation. I wouldn't even be able to divulge the exact technique since we have to keep it safeguarded to curb the software pirating problem.
Some users say that requesting a key is a problem. I'm not sure why, since A) you get full use of the program for 30 days while you wait, and B) you can get a new key from me anytime. I've been on E-mail almost daily since 1991. We have never received a complaint about being unable to get a key number.
Also I should mention that we do sell the Digital Atmosphere Professional version, which contains no serial/key process. This is designed for agencies and individuals who have mission-critical operations and don't want any vulnerability to not having a key. It's priced at $199, partly to keep the number of unprotected copies floating around at low levels. It is not available for download and must be ordered.

With that in mind, if you need new keys just E-mail me.
Hossain7422

Digital Atmosphere Pro

Post by Hossain7422 »

Thank you Tim. I am using the downloaded version very effectively. Yes, I do'nt find any problem now about asking you for new keys. I will be doing it whenever required. People who depends on me for this software from my Organizaton (Bangladesh Air Force) is also satisfied. What would be the condition for me to get a complete version of DAWS after it is made bug free in future ? In future I'd like to get a professional version of DAWS for better and effective use for our climatology, research and operational field.
Peter Creswick

Post by Peter Creswick »

Hossain, it isn't a problem. I have been using DA in various versions for a few years now. In that time I upgraded from a 486pc to a pentium, had to replace one hard disk completely, and rebuilt (ie reforamated twice with a complete reload of windows entirely). So, I suppose from memory I must have had to get new keys 4 times. In no case was there a problem. As Tim says, you have 30 days full functionality to get the key anyway. In a couple of cases I got mine by reverse e-mail in an hour or two, onewas next day, and in the last case (see thread a bit down the list now titled - Peter Creswick - Your Key) it took a few days, since Tim was in Florida on holidays.

So, the bottom line is, there is no problem, .................. provided Tim is still breathing.
Jon Wright

Post by Jon Wright »

God forbid on the last one Peter, but as I have learned (the hard way) without Tim, and no key, it becomes a donation into oblivion.
Peter Creswick

Post by Peter Creswick »

He will have to leave the decryptor algorithm in his will.

Tim, attend to that little matter like a good chap will you. :lol: :lol:
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Stefan Lichius (my German representative) keeps a copy of our key generator "just in case". :)
Hossain7422

Got new Key words

Post by Hossain7422 »

Hi Peter and Tim. I hope Tim would leave longer and incase he also gave the solution, so no probs. Thank you Tim and Peter.
Hossain7422

Got new Key words

Post by Hossain7422 »

Hi Peter and Tim. I hope Tim would leave longer and incase he also gave the solution, so no probs. Thank you Tim and Peter. :lol:
Peter Creswick

Post by Peter Creswick »

Yeah guys, we were only having a giggle Tim.

But on a more serious note, I got hit with yet another bloody virus again yesterday. E-mail spammers and virus authors should be tracked down and disolved in ACID ! With virus attacks growing, and spam getting out of control, it is becoming even more important to keep your anti-virus software virus signature files up-to-date ! not to mention installing spam killer software to try and head them off at the modem so to speak.

Anyway, for some reason my AVG antivirus program didn't pick it. System started doing very strange things. I lost all the video drivers, display reverted to vga 640*480, and half my programs would not run at all. By the time I got an AVG virus file update and cleaned it out some of my windows system files had got corrupted and windows wouldn't run properly. I still don't even know exactly what virus it was either. So drag out the CD and reload win98se yet again !

Fire up DAWS and to my surprise it ran OK. So, fire up DA2000 and guess what - trial again. So whatever happened, I lost your secret key file again Tim. The serial number is DA3-3440-133808452
New key please Tim.

There is one other thing while I think of it Tim. I have both DA2000 and DAWS on Drive C: at the moment, but in different directories obviously. A while back, I had a strange event with DAWS V1.0m or V1.0p if memory serves, where DAWS and DA2000 seemed to be in conflict. I had both open at the same time though.

For those of us running two versions, would it be safer / preferable to install them on separate drives (one drive C: - other drive D:) if we have two disks, and if not, are there any "conflict" issues we should be aware of ?