SATOB Download

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Roy Leep

SATOB Download

Post by Roy Leep »

Tim:

How big is the SATOB file? It must be humongus. Any chance of breaking this into zones for smaller downloads? I went 10 minutes on a high speed hookup and still didn't finish.

Roy
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

It appears that the url ftp://orbit2a.nesdis.noaa.gov/pub/g9hivis/ no longer works. The orbit2a.nesdis.noaa.gov server is now dead, so maybe Digital Atmosphere is left waiting for a connection and it just appears that a big file is being transferred.

Furthermore the only source of wind data I can find is at ftp://gp16.wwb.noaa.gov/pub/winds/. Quickly perusing these files I can't find the old tabular format (starting with GOES in header column 9-12). There appear to be several formats here. If anyone can recommend which of these formats Digital Atmosphere should use, let me know and I'll make some adaptations. There are some YYXX format bulletins that show the most promise since they appear more internationally compatible (likely WMO code) than the others.

Tim