NEW PATCH AVAILABLE - V1.0m

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

NEW PATCH AVAILABLE - V1.0m

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Digital Atmosphere Workstation Patch V1.0m is now available at:
http://www.weathergraphics.com/download.htm

Changes from V1.0l to V1.0m (6/27/04)
* Added "All" to surface and upper time selection menus, which allows all observations to be plotted
regardless of time. Use with caution!
* Problem with synoptic wind units being sporadically calculated incorrectly between m/s and kt has been fixed.
* I have made major changes to the SYNOP importing routine. The existing versions were having a problem with
single-line SYNOPs. Much more data will be available now.
* I have loosened the rules on detection of some ship and buoy obs, so more of those should be coming through.
* I have also loosened the requirement for the second/third line of a synop obs to be indented.
* There was a bug in Recompile Tables and it caused the lowest station in a hundreds group, e.g. 3100-3199, 3200-3299 to be ignored. You can see this by reviewing OUTPUT.SFC. This has been fixed. The station tables and internal index files have been updated as a result.
Wally Mayo

Post by Wally Mayo »

Hoooray! Thanks for the buoys back!
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

I had no idea it fixed the buoy problem. I noticed some of the buoy reports only had 4 xxxxx groups per line, so I lowered the check from 5 of these to 4. That's probably letting more of them get through.

Tim
Roy Leep

Fixed error

Post by Roy Leep »

Beta M fixed an IO error 32 being recived after retrieval during beta L

Still getting a range check error after retrieving frontal bulletin from Albany.
Jeff Camp

Workstation Professional users

Post by Jeff Camp »

Are any of these patches going to be available to those of us who purchased the Professional version of Workstation? Just asking. I am still currently using Ver 1.0f and have not seen a patch yet. :?: