internet services message

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
aexon

internet services message

Post by aexon »

Hi all,

I'm new to Digital Atmosphere, so forgive my ignorance. I'm clicking on 'retrieve' on the internet option on the programme, after having checked some worldwide options, and get the error "Digital Atmosphere encountered an error: '6/28/04 13:44:00' is not a valid date and time".
The "current time tokens" are set to:
y: 04
m: 07
d: 05
h: 22

which is the most recent GMT. The current time token is set by default -I'm not resetting it, it changes by its own. This problem happens very frequently (say 70% of the times), not always. Any help on this one?

Yannis, Athens - Greece
Alessandro Mandelli

Post by Alessandro Mandelli »

This is caused by the dreaded %1 bug.
Still unresolved issue since 1.0a.
aexon

maps and

Post by aexon »

Problem solved if i temporarilly set language to 'us english' from the control panel of Windows XP every time I want to get new data from the internet.

Even though I've removed the coastlines/international borders option from File-Preferences, I still get this information on my maps; this leads to the need of more time for the maps themselves to load. Any ideas on that?

And a final point. How can I put some GFS/UKMO or other models' output in to DA?

Thank you all in advance,

Yannis - Athens
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Please include the version number of the software when reporting bugs. I'm not able to tell if this is in our development beta version or in the older official release, thus I will assume it is fixed and won't pursue this, unless it is reported in a beta version.

Tim
aexon

Post by aexon »

Sure, Tim, sorry. I'm running DA Workstation v1.0m.

Yannis - Athens
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

OK... can you go to File > Preferences > Misc > Special Diagnostics and press the Time button. Then copy everything you see that appears in the edit box next to it, and paste it into a message here. Thanks.