NEW PATCH AVAILABLE - V1.0n

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

NEW PATCH AVAILABLE - V1.0n

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Digital Atmosphere Workstation Patch V1.0n is now available at:
http://www.weathergraphics.com/download.htm

Changes from V1.0m to V1.0n (7/08/04)

* RADAR: Better handling of 3-letter vs. 4-letter identifiers implemented to give better results with Alaska and Hawaii. NWS resource tables fixed to use the new "last" file rather than a directory parse. Added Puerto Rico to the Select Stations map. Deprecated digatmos.riz (replaced with digatmos.nxa which is generated from Recompile Tables). Added new station tokens in digatmos.rad resource file to allow either 4-letter or 3-letter identifiers and either uppercase or lowercase.

* MAP GENERATION: Range checks have been implemented on the map algorithm in an attempt to fix the crash problem on some Win98 machines.

* SCRIPTING: Bug fixed in which successive LSTN= and GRTN= in one script line caused erroneous contouring results. Caused by each contour iteration not resetting LSTN= and GRTN= to default of no bounding limits.

* SCRIPTING: Adjustment to scripting to properly recognize 0 (zero) as a numeric value.

* SCRIPTING: Uploading FTP did not close the upload window; the window popup has been eliminated and all feedback is provided through the status window now.

* SCRIPTING: Problem in scripted radar retrieval where nothing past the first station is retrieved is now fixed.

* PREFERENCES: In Miscellaneous panel, another parameter has been established for Cities so that Map > Cursor City Distance and Map > Cities can get their own threshold values.

* STYLES: City style (cty) has been added to all style files.

* FILE IMPORT: Multiple file selection (up to 20 files) may be accomplished by Ctrl-clicking files in the file selection window. Each file will be imported as part of the import procedure.

* SHAPEFILES: Maximum resource sizes increased to 25,000 polygons and 5,000 parts, which should handle files up to about 80 MB. A style file entry (shp) has been added allowing users to specify the line colors and widths for shapefiles as well as label fonts and sizes.

* MAP > LOAD WORKCHART. Fixed problem where a buffered image was not brought into memory, causing an Erase to show whatever map was being used before the map load.

* FRONTAL BULLETINS. Import code improved to resolve problem with lows/highs not plotting if more than one low or high follows a pressure block. Results are much better. Added code to plot pressure values, and repaired Preferences > Meteorological > Plot Highs/Lows with addition of Plot Pressure Values.

* DOCUMENTATION. Documentation PDF file vastly updated and index expanded.

----------
I am pushing to get this out of beta and into a final release, so please let me know of any bugs ASAP. I cannot overemphasize the need for details when you report the bugs. Please withhold "nice to have" features as I won't have time to implement them until we complete this final release... bugs are the main priority.

There are a few missing items still, such as warnings. Also the map streaks on wide global views is a very difficult issue to resolve mathematically (the cause is known) and I will work on this more.