500 mb analysis bug

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Carl Sidor

500 mb analysis bug

Post by Carl Sidor »

Greetings:
love the results from patch 'n'! It is nice to have the maps stabilized now. It makes it so much easier to check radar images when your base map stays put. Good job, Tim. Also, it was a nice surprise to find the color dewpoint command. Very useful! I am only noticing one ongoing problem. The 1000-500 mb thickness command still returns only a grid with 0 values at each gridpoint. I am downloading the upper air data from COD. Also, the 500 mb height does not draw at all. The status panel shows "preparing to expand grid", but no results. Also, does anyone else notice a problem with the 850 mb height field? On my version, the contours form a narrow ribbon about 1/4 of the USA wide, with no other contours visible. This has happened on several different downloads, so I think the data is not at fault.
Carl Sidor
texsky

Post by texsky »

Carl,

Haven't had problems with the thickness contours, but I am having problems with the 850mb heights, though. I've posted a bug report which explains what I'm experiencing.

hth,
Bob
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

This is fixed in upcoming V1.0q -- see other thread to TexSky.

Tim