DAWS v1.0p upper-air bug?

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
texsky

DAWS v1.0p upper-air bug?

Post by texsky »

Tim,

Could you check the height contouring routines for 850mb and 700mb? I'm getting results that show lower height values for 700mb and higher heights for 800mb. It almost looks like the two contouring routines got switched somehow.

Thanks,
Bob
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Thanks for spotting this... the problem was in the Radiosonde Import algorithm and was the result of some indexes getting fouled up back when I fixed the 250 mb problem. It will work in the upcoming V1.0q release.

Having looked at the performance of the height analysis I've also added these improvements:

* ANALYSIS: Digital Atmosphere will now provide an appropriate default contour interval for the millibar level selected (30 m for 1000-700 mb; 60 m for 500-400 mb; 120 m for <300 mb). I'm not sure what the standard interval is for oddities like 1000, 400, and 100 mb, so if anyone wants to make suggestions now is the time to do so.

* ANALYSIS MENU (DIGATMOS.MNU). Removed CINT=60 from Height analysis since Digital Atmosphere now determines this automatically from the analysis level. You can still override it with CINT= but there is no need to do so in the default menu builds.

These changes will appear in V1.0q.

Tim