DAWS Ver 1.0P Bugs

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Peter Bartlett

DAWS Ver 1.0P Bugs

Post by Peter Bartlett »

Tim,

1. Data retrieval, Delete site not working. I have tried both using either checking site, or highlighting line to delete. It stays there!

2. TV Plots does not appear to work, I have tried by editing the PLL file and down loading Synop data from either COD & Albany. The same PLL file works fine in DA 2000. (Your instructions state the PLL file must be edited, what must I edit to make it work)?

3. Since updating patch from N to P the version has not changed in the Active Window Header and the Help>About Menu.

4. Analysis Scripts, the following commands do not plot correctly.

MXMN plots N at low gridpoint
MXMN plots X at high gridpoint

MAXD Plots X at high gridpoint

CVVD Plots C at low gridpoint

5. Can the file/script that links shortcut buttons SLP, DegC & DegF be changed (Personal Preference) ie, line width,cont space, so that they can be edited to match those in the digatmos.mnu ?

I am using DAWS Ver 1.0P, Win 98, P4 2Mhz 500mb Ram, and I must say that the previous problems discussed here with maps not loading from Generate Map>Quickpick now appear ok.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Peter

You are still using V1.0n. I had the same problem. To repair I first removed the old digatmos.exe and then I installed the patch. I also had to change the installation into "full installation". Then you will see V1.0p in the header.

Fred
Peter Bartlett

Post by Peter Bartlett »

Fred,

Many thanks thats corrected the version status from N to P (Item 3) on my list.

I guess we will have to wait for Ver Q for some of the other fixes.
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Re: DAWS Ver 1.0P Bugs

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Peter Bartlett wrote:1. Data retrieval, Delete site not working. I have tried both using either checking site, or highlighting line to delete. It stays there!
I cannot duplicate this problem. I am able to add and delete sites, and they appear and disappear from the menu and from digatmos.url immediately. You should go into File Explorer, right click on digatmos.url in the DA directory, and make sure that "Read-only" is not checked. Is anyone else having this problem?
2. TV Plots does not appear to work, I have tried by editing the PLL file and down loading Synop data from either COD & Albany. The same PLL file works fine in DA 2000.
I noticed this module was disabled. I have re-enabled it.
3. Since updating patch from N to P the version has not changed in the Active Window Header and the Help>About Menu.
This indicates you are still running V1.0n. But it also indicates there was likely some sort of problem with the install file. I will have to be more careful on the V1.0q patch build to make sure there aren't any problems.
4. Analysis Scripts, the following commands do not plot correctly.
MXMN plots N at low gridpoint
MXMN plots X at high gridpoint (etc)
The PDF documentation is in error. The V1.0q will come with revised documentation. Also the PLMN, PLLD, and MNND were behaving incorrectly and have been fixed. The others were working fine but were just not documented correctly.
5. Can the file/script that links shortcut buttons SLP, DegC & DegF be changed (Personal Preference) ie, line width,cont space, so that they can be edited to match those in the digatmos.mnu ?
Yes, I have inserted %1, %2, and %3 markers in the upcoming digatmos.mnu file. The shortcut buttons will look for the digatmos.mnu line with %1, %2, or %3 and use that scripting command. Thus the command will no longer be hardcoded.

All this will be in V1.0q.

Tim
Fred

Post by Fred »

Yes, I already reported it. The file is not read-only: I can add sites. If I remove the sites directly in the file and go back to DAWS the sites are again in it. Only thing I noticed that I don't have an URL, just an UR0.

Fred
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

I suspect Windows may be mucking around with the extension name in some way since URL is an extension specific to Internet Explorer. In fact I think it is being hidden from you in File Explorer because of this:
Tools > Folder Options > View > Hide file extensions for known file types

Unchecking this should cause the file to appear. This is why I recommend using MS-DOS (if you know how) to list and edit the file.

I think it is possible that a spyware or virus protection program on your computer may be monitoring the system for changes to .url filenames since these extensions belong to Internet Explorer. Thus to prevent any possibility of problems I am going to get rid of the digatmos.url name and start using digatmos.urx instead. This will take effect in V1.0q.

Tim