Can't run this script directly in box...

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Wally Mayo

Can't run this script directly in box...

Post by Wally Mayo »

If you try this script in the SCHEDULER command box...

download,http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/data/observ ... urface.dat

you'll get:

(The error box was actually on top of the big box, but I moved it down so you can see all the info.)
The line will run fine in a scheduler script FILE, though. Interesting.
-----
Peter Bartlett wrote:
1. Data retrieval, Delete site not working. I have tried both using either checking site, or highlighting line to delete. It stays there!

Tim responds...
I cannot duplicate this problem. I am able to add and delete sites, and they appear and disappear from the menu and from digatmos.url immediately. You should go into File Explorer, right click on digatmos.url in the DA directory, and make sure that "Read-only" is not checked. Is anyone else having this problem? ...

I am having the same exact problem as Peter. I try to delete it, and all it does it put a check in the box. I know we can go in and edit the raw file, but I know having this work is much smoother.
BTW - I checked and it did not say "read only" and the file was actually named digatmos.ur0
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

The script command line problem has been fixed... it was only accepting the first 50 or 70 characters. Thus, the specified output filename was blank and raising an error. I expanded it to 255 and it works fine now. Will be in V1.0q.

Tim
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Regarding the delete URL, I am addressing this in another thread dedicated to this problem.

Tim