ADVECTION UNITS

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
SteveHmeyer

ADVECTION UNITS

Post by SteveHmeyer »

Does anyone know in what units temperature advection is displayed in DAWS1.1 based on the sample analysis script that was provided with the program.

Programs vary widely regarding this and at work our software defaults to the very akward (and unusable without conversion) 10^-4 K/sec.

I ask because I want to modify the script to yield degrees per hour so that the units are easy to use in a forecasting situation.

I have searched the documentation and can find nothing regarding the units.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve Horstmeyer
texsky

Post by texsky »

Steve,

That's a good question. Unfortunately, I don't know the answer. Plus, the only contour that displays on my copy(v1.0q) is the zero isopleth. If you have a script that shows multiple contour levels, would you mind sharing it?

Thanks,
Bob
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

This advection units issue is known and will be worked on.

Tim
SteveHmeyer

Post by SteveHmeyer »

Bob:

For DAWS 1.1 here is the script I use for temperature advection. The zero isopleth (EQUA=0) is in bold black, warm advection isopleths (GRTN=0) are in red and cold advection isopleths (LSTN=0) are in blue.

It works for v1.1.

Temperature advection |CONT EQUA=0 LINE=3 COLOR=0:0:0 CONT LSTN=0 LINE=2 COLOR=20:20:200 CONT GRTN=0 LINE=2 COLOR=200:20:20 CINT=0.05 ADVT TEMP/WIND

Hope this helps you.

Steve Horstmeyer
texsky

Post by texsky »

Thanks Steve,

I was obviously not getting the script typed up properly. It works fine now.

Thanks again,
Bob