Contour Customization problem and Pilot Data

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Hossain7422

Post by Hossain7422 »

Hi Tim and all other users of DAWS ! I am facing a problem with the contour set up for different analysis. In the previous Dig Atm 2000 version I could set the contour intervals as per my choice (e.g, set 1 mb interval for analysing the synoptic chrts) but in the present DAWS v1.1 I find no button for contour. So, it has become very inconvenient for lesser area analysis as then it would be better to have more lines (present setting is given as 4 mb interval). Another proposal, Tim I am getting Pilot observations through Radio sonde observations only in 0000UTC period through Dig Atm 2000. But, there is no pilot data in other periods. can we get pilot data(upper Air data) seperately for every six hour or three hourly observations, which are transmitted through WMO all over the world ?

Hossain
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Re: Contour Customization problem and Pilot Data

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Hossain7422 wrote:in the present DAWS v1.1 I find no button for contour
Contours are set in your style files. See the digatmos.mnu file as well as the Appendix under analysis commands for more information.
Hossain7422 wrote:Another proposal, Tim I am getting Pilot observations through Radio sonde observations only in 0000UTC period through Dig Atm 2000. But, there is no pilot data in other periods. can we get pilot data(upper Air data) seperately for every six hour or three hourly observations, which are transmitted through WMO all over the world ?
The support for FM 32 PILOT has not been tested -- I will have to look at this in the next major release.

Tim
Hossain7422

Post by Hossain7422 »

Tim I think there is no parameter called pressure (isobaric line interval) under the style parameter command and whatever you said about analysis and scripting Index, I could not understand. It would be better to give the solution under style if you can(as it was in Dig Atm 2000). It is very important to have customized interval in respect of Temperature, Vorticity field, Constant pressure field (CP) and you know about all others :roll:
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

If you open digatmos.mnu in a text editor and look at the selection for "Sea Level Pressure" you will see a series of codes to the right side. These are analysis commands for sea level pressure. Change CINT=4 to CINT=2 on that line to set the isobar interval to 2 mb instead of 4 mb. The procedure is similar for any other analysis type.

Tim
Hossain7422

Contour customization

Post by Hossain7422 »

Hi Tim. Thank you. I could overcome the problem of 4 mb interval isobaric pressure line. It's ok now. :lol: