V1.1b ASUS1 problem

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Roy Leep

V1.1b ASUS1 problem

Post by Roy Leep »

Tim:

In the latest version 1.1b the ASUS1 is a plotting mess. Although the fronts do plot there are numerous extraneous frontal lines everywhere. Fronts were plotting well in 1.1 although we had the check error.

Roy
Wally Mayo

Post by Wally Mayo »

Roy,

What is your source for ASUS01? This has come up before, at least in regard to "double" data file from "hamweather" site and perhaps some others. The extraneous lines seem to occur with the double data. If you look at the file, the report is there twice, slightly different. It makes we wonder if NOAA sends a correction or something. However, if the first description is still in the file, it will still print, too. I have had to sometimes go in and take out the first report (in the file) to cure the extraneous lines, mainly when they are aggregious enough. IF this is all the case, then I don't think it is a DAWS problem. It will plot the coordinates it is given. But we will all still look to see if it is another problem.
Roy Leep

Post by Roy Leep »

Wally:

I only used ham weather in DA2000.

I am using Albany for ASUS1 and I have had no problem other than the range check error on versions prior to the 1.01 release. But version a and b there are huge fronts all over the place. This happens when using scripts or manual retrieval.

Roy
Roy Leep

Post by Roy Leep »

OK Wally I just changed the IMPORT to INGEST and that cleared up the ASUS problem.

Thanks much.

Roy
Wally Mayo

Post by Wally Mayo »

Ingest? That's a new one for me? What does that do? Where did you find that command?
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

texsky

Post by texsky »

Okay, this is weird,

When downloading the ASUS bulletin from the data retrieval window along with the Convective Outlooks, I get the random lines and frontal garbage mentioned above. However, when not downloading the C.O's, the fronts get drawn just fine.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks,
Bob