Post requests for Digital Atmosphere V1.2 work

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Launchee

bugs and wish list for x-mas :-)

Post by Launchee »

Hi everyone, here's my list:

***** Bugs *****

- "Help/Ordering Info" not working, also some other HELP Buttons

- the island of Mauritius is not being displayed, I mean not at all, but on the other side e.g. the island of Mallorca etc is displayed

- "Data/Build 3D-Atmosphere": there's nothing there

- 2nd Icon from left: see also "Help / Import a Directory (File Menü)"
In the help file is written: "File/Import a Directory:
Regardless of the mode that Digital Atmosphere is in (scheduled or manual), this command imports all files contained in the directory listed on the File, Preferences General tab under "Data directory". The data files should consist of text bulletins containing METAR, synoptic, SAO, FD winds aloft, buoy reports, or rawinsonde”
--> But, under File/Preferences/General there is no “Data Directory” ?!

- Since v1.11a I think it is like this, when you make a plot on a workchart, then close DA and reopen it, all plots are gone and just the basemap stays there. Maybe there should be an option that the plots are not deleted

- preferences: when you edit a setting, but then press "cancel" and reopen preferences again, the entry was changed nevertheless

- update help file (e.g. digatmos.urx instead of digatmos.slz)

***** WishList: *****

- well, how to explain? i once made a basemap and changed the x-ratio aspect from 1.00 to 1.05 and then saved this basemap. When I reload this basemap, the map itself is ok. It was streched a little bit. It's just like this, that under x-ratio aspect there's 1.00 again, and not 1.05. (But as I said, the changes were made and the map is ok), I'd just find it better, that those changes are also being shown again, when the map is reloaded, because otherwise you always have to write down the changes you made on a paper.

- several maps in tabs, maybe also grouping of maps in tabs etc.

- preferences: a button to change all entries again to standard-setting. I'd like it like this, that I can try out lots of options etc., but maybe I find out that I want to restore the 'original' settings again.

- globe views, "Google Earth"-style-like (sorry, if this was already mentioned)

- make it easier to import radar. It's just there for US, but not for Europe/Germany etc. m(if possible)

Thanks, Ciao,
Kai
weatherdrew

Possible bad radar BIN files halt scripts

Post by weatherdrew »

Tim:

I emailed you about this last month and you agreed to investigate the below problem during development of upcoming versions. Since I'm anxious to see these problems addressed, I will include the email below and a quick summary of the problem here:

- Error Pop-Up's halt processing of the entire script.
- The "send errors to status-bar" option does not seem to have an effect.

Here is the original email from our discussion a while back. Thanks for all your help.

-AJO

------------------------

A while back I posted a request for some guidance regarding a problem
I'm having with DA halting script execution when it encounters what I
believe at least, are problems with the downloaded BIN files used when
plotting radar data. Here's the
showthread.php?t=1291

The halt in scripting is causing a real problem. None of the remaining
radar products are being generated when this occurs and I'm having to
use the Windows Event Scheduler option "Stop this program if it runs
for more than X minutes" to force the process to die before another
run fires off.