Post requests for Digital Atmosphere V1.2 work

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
rolsch

Post by rolsch »

Weasel wrote:Tim,

I would like to see gradient fills added in again.

Remember how great the maps looked using this feature? :)

Pat
I vote for this nice feature :)
Metjr

Things nice to have:

Post by Metjr »

Things nice to have:
In the sounding part: it would nice if i can be able to point out the dew point, and then when moving the pointer from along the tempeature-axis the lifting curve will change at once.

I would also be nice to be able to create your own list of sounding stations and to have that list as a dropdown menu.

To the front part: at least one undo step. It will be very useful.

Regrads Jesper Rasmussen
rolsch

Import "netCDF" data

Post by rolsch »

Hi,
her the next wish list:

- import/read netCDF Datafiles

Info: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/

Sources and binarys are here: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ne ... aries.html

example:

- read netCDF datafile from some sites (unidata)
- convert external with ncdump to ascii-data
- read ascii-data with DAWP 1.2 :wink:
wiscwxtech

Post by wiscwxtech »

The ability to loop would be greatly appreciated. Also the ability to zoom without having to reload the display each time is greatly desired.
bobround

GPS functionality

Post by bobround »

I'd like to see the ability to download and plot GPS tracks, routes and waypoints in the GPS menu on the map projections. Other download formats would be nice too. Just a thought.

Bob Round
bobround

Mouse scroll

Post by bobround »

Tim,

How about enabling the mouse roller to scroll the map (up/down) or zoom (in/out) in the new version?
alona

less bugs and more compatability with dwd

Post by alona »

:)
nada

Wishes

Post by nada »

In the Preferences: Ability to configure, so that the script scheduler is always on (or off) initially when DA starts.

Scripts: An "abort if errors" command. I am using a gif animator to make animated gifs. One such gif contains generated maps for the last 48 hours. If an error happens (data download error or all errors actually), I want to stop and abort the script (but not the scheduler of course). As it is now, my animated gif maps will be messed up with blank maps in betwen when errors happens. There are also a number of other reasons for such a script command, for example, most people will probarbly not publish an errenous (automated) maps on internet (or anyplace) if they could choose not too.
lrdheat

wishes

Post by lrdheat »

Add station's city or airport name to the quality control option...even better would be some way to right click, and see the station id and city!

A way for the program to flag stations that appear to be in error...given that, when drawing a box to do a quality control edit, a way for only all of the flagged observations within the boxed area to come up to edit or delete (this would be a nice compliment to the rules option). An option for the operator to choose where, if chosen, an analysis would be made without flagged data.

Some data (I think mainly from ships or marine data) while probably good, erroneosly plots at -99.99 long, which results in having to quality control-deletion of the data.

Heatwave Berler
lrdheat

wish addition

Post by lrdheat »

In addition to an option to have DA automatically contour with flagged stations ignored (as a way to avoid quality control edits, and as an alternative to rules option), allow the flagging to be done on a parameter by parameter basis as opposed to ignoring the station outright.

Perhaps this should be limited to parameters like SLP, theata-e, potential temperature where altitude would not make a flagging routine difficult.

Perhaps the flagging could be made optional to the operator for the other parameters...in relatively flat country, temp and dewpoints flagging should be possible.

Thanks!

Heatwave Berler